Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

By Dan Brown

Angels & Demons

• Hardcover: May 2000,
    Paperback: Jun 2001,

There are currently 54 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

champ03 (04/27/09)

Left in awe
This book is one of the very few that have been able to hold my interest all the way through. Dan Brown does an excellent job creating a fictional story in a very historical setting. The facts and details are absolutely stunning. I loved reading this book. I'm reading it again right now.
sci fi reader (11/21/08)

great book
I know some will oppose but a lot will agree.. that this book was superbly done. It may not be the book that has one of the original plots that you would expect, but the mere idea and neat plot is just great... I've read the book several times and still looking to read it few more times again.. it's what I can say is one of the books that kept me going....
PDC-ZERO (02/06/08)

Excelent
I think this book was one of the best books I've ever read excellent thrilling moments and research too this book got me reading it 24/7 i couldn't stop reading it!
Tom McCombs (01/24/08)

Well Thought Out and Composed
I read this book while I was in the car, listening to it on CD. While the plot is wonderful and the research was good, I found that I kept wanting to fast forward the disk to get to the next part of the story. It seemed that nothing could just happen, it had to be dissected, remembered, interpreted and analyzed to extreme. I am sure that if I were reading the actual book, I would be able to skip over the extraneous verbiage and keep the story moving better. In some of the action segments, had Langdon actually had all the thoughts and observations that were attributed to him, he would have used up so much time that he would not have been able to get the job done.
Dan Brown has improved his craft as he has written other books -- The Da Vinci Code, for example has not been bogged down with all the "padding."
This would be an easy book to abridge.
Rebecca Sweeney (10/21/07)

A thought-provoking read
Harvard religious symbology professor Robert Langdon awoke to the ring of his telephone at five a.m. Only one hour later, he was whisked off to Switzerland on a fighter jet. What lay before him three thousand miles away from home was something he could hardly imagine. Dan Brown’s fictional novel Angels & Demons takes the reader through a labyrinth of mystery, murder, and secrets.

In the fast-paced thriller, Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra, a nuclear physicist, must track down a stolen canister of antimatter, a substance with twenty times the power of a nuclear bomb, that has been concealed somewhere in Vatican City on the eve of conclave, the choosing of a new pope. On their quest, they come across an even bigger mystery, leading them on a scavenger hunt through the ancient cathedrals of Rome, all while needed to find the antimatter before midnight.

I would highly recommend both Angels & Demons. Dan Brown does an amazing job of writing a high-paced but thought provoking mystery. If you’re looking for an intellectual book that will get your mind working, this is it. Through the multiple cliffhangers and intricate subplots, Angels & Demons is a hard book to put down.
Amisha Kulkarni (06/05/07)

Heart pounding + Brain racking race against time.
Even though being fictional, Dan Brown has the power to bring about a false consciousness amongst the readers about the facts and the myths in the world and makes us rethink and question our world of knowledge and perception.
When I read this novel I almost submitted my mind to the realm of imagination. Readers are taken by surprise through out Robert Langdon's frantic journey. Dan Brown's futuristic attempt and thorough study is amazing and so worth reading.
thrilled (04/13/07)

THE MOST FUN I EVER HAD READING A NOVEL
I thought the Da Vinci Code was overrated, but I'll give it a 3 out of 5, so I was skeptical to read A&D. Thank God I did! It is fun reading, imaginative plot, and brilliantly written. Now I've noticed that scholars (I presume they are) had dissected the story and pointed out all the inconsistencies, but I don't think Dan Browne was writing a text book. He sought to entertain and that he most certainly did! I too had my doubts about the plausibility of some of the events but hey... I was entertained. Sydney Sheldon did a good job of that in 'If Tomorrow Comes.' And at the risk of sounding callow, I love his treasure hunts. Dan I intend to read all your novels, and to obtain a front row seat to Angels & Demons when it premieres. Keep writing.
ashley (01/19/07)

angels and demons review
this book is the most amazing page turner that i have ever read. at first i just was reading it for a summer reading book, but from page one it got my attention and i was turning pages since then!!!!

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove