Reader reviews and comments on Who Moved My Cheese, plus links to write your own review.

Who Moved My Cheese

An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life

By Spencer Johnson

Who Moved My Cheese

• Hardcover: Feb 2000,

There are currently 22 reader reviews for Who Moved My Cheese

PRAKHAR AGNIHOTRI (11/03/11)

jspn-this book is mind blowing
This book is FAN-TAS-TIK.......actually I chose this book for my school's English project ......I actually summarised it in front of 42 and all admired me for the story I chose ........and being honest and proud I must tell this that I was awarded 10 out of 10 in my English project work........
BELIEVE ME FRIENDS YOU WILL ENJOY THIS PLOT ..... :)
Sonali Srivastava Ganguli (02/05/09)

Be the change you want to bring!
I personally feel that this is an amazing book to read. It presents small situations in parables.

As change is inevitable, one must start counting on it, much before it can be seen.

We can be the mice, who are non-judgmental and analytical, or can be judgmental and experience the change waiting.

Such are the people in this mortal world, who either anticipate change in advance, and there are some who change in the experience.

Hence, one can be the change, if one wants to!
Tina Pekarik (09/03/08)

Redundant
I read this book because my boss recommended it and I acquiesced. Actually I heard it on tape. I was expecting some wonderful imaginative story ...but, I was extremely disappointed. It was done in a broken record style saying the same thing over and over again. While I like simple down to earth writing this was just too basic for adults (in my opinion) I felt like I was in Romper Room, especially when the narrator would say things like, "How did you feel", Jane asked. "Then Tom said....."

Well, run Spot run, I say ... It was to me, a bit assumptive and boring. The whole point of the "story" could have been told in one paragraph. The message was a good one but no more so than all the other fables we know and love.

But, it does go to show that if you are in the right place at the right time, you can sell your cheese to a bunch of mice and they will eat it right up. Now back to station C.
ferrari (02/09/05)

Karan Dave
2-9-05
Mrs. Moeller
Soph. English 1-2
Who Moved My Cheese?
   Change can be a good thing or a curse, depending on your point of view. A person’s life changed dramatically in his/her lifestyle or work. Luckily a book was written by Dr. Spencer Johnson to help you discover how to deal with change, so that you can enjoy less stress and more success in your work and in your life. This book takes less than a hour to read, but van change you forever. Dr. Spencer Johnson is the author and co-author of the number one best-selling books about dealing with change. The novel Who Moved My Cheese? by Dr. Spencer Johnson M.D. was excellent because it was well written with its unique insights and it also describes the secrets of how to anticipate change and adapt to change, as well as enjoying success in a career and in life.
   In fact, this book was written by one of the best authors who has helped millions of people discover simple truths they can use to enjoy healthier lifestyles. The book delivers unique insights and phrases helping the reader deal with stress and changes of everyday life. Dr. Spencer Johnson has changed the lives of many people whether it is struggling in a job or getting a peace of mind. There also is a very tricky part to this book, and that is how the author uses metaphors throughout the book. For example the word “cheese” is a metaphor used for a decent job, a loving relationship, money, a possession, health, or peace of mind. Basically the story is about two mice named Sniff and Scurry and two “little people” named Hem and Haw. In the story all of the characters live in a maze, which is a metaphor for where you look for what you want, or the family or community you live in. The characters are faced with unexpected changes. Eventually, Haw deals with the change successfully and writes about his journey and how he accomplished it.
   For this reason, the four characters undergo one of the biggest turn points in their lives. The four had found a great deal of cheese. They thought they had enough cheese forever and ever, but time based by and the cheese got shorter and shorter. Eventually, they ran out of cheese. The two mice went to go look for more yet the two little people waited for more cheese to come. The cheese never came and the little people become arrogant and selfish. This book makes the reader reflect on his or her own personal life. Many people have benefited from reading this book such as corporations, governmental agencies, small businesses, churches and schools and hospitals. In fact, the whole first section of the book is filled with how people solved their problems after reading this 94-page book. The book also describes what types of change there are. For example losing your job, or your company shutting down. The little phrases used in the book guide you to settle your perfect future. The phrases are the key parts to the book, since they teach you how to handle the future. Many peoples future would be to have a successful career and a caring family.
   Similarly, This book is an amazing way to deal with success in your work and in your life. The book put emphasis on using what you learned for day-to-day life. The most important parts to this book were the phrases the author used. Some of the phrases were: what would you do if you weren’t afraid, the quicker you let go of old cheese the sooner you find new cheese, if you do not change you can become extinct, and much more. The last section of the book is a group having a discussion about the book. They relate the book to their personal lives, and discover ways to get better at turning change into a good thing.
   Overly, this book was well written. Dr. Johnson clearly stated how change affects every on and can be a positive thing. This book demonstrates the ability to turn a persons life around. I recommend this book for people struggling with change in their lives.
jazzqueen (01/31/05)

Good book. A bit obvious but good.
Sean (01/28/05)

I found this book merely states the obvious. An amusing read for children maybe but an educational classic, hardly.
Ghost (11/25/04)

This was a wonderful book even if it is $20 to tell me that change happens and I should change because there are people that dont even accept that change is needed in life.
Daniel (11/17/04)