Reader reviews and comments on The Informationist, plus links to write your own review.

The Informationist

Paperback: Oct 2011,

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Informationist

mainlinebooker (01/12/12)

Harrowing!
I read this book when it first came out but I only remember not being able to put it down. I just finished her latest sequel,The Innocent,and have to let everyone know that they should run out and read it. It is just as good as the first!! Fast paced chiller action with a character that keeps reminding me of Lisbeth Salander!
J Edeker (10/17/11)

Must Read
Fast paced and loaded with excitement. Heroine kicks butt with apologizing or whining about her life. This is a must read for all who love suspense. Can't wait for the next one!
Eddy Matthews (10/10/11)

Looking for something new?
If you are a Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, Lee Child fan. If you like "The Girl" books and you are looking for something new, definitely check out Taylor Stevens "The Informationist" I know it is a worn out statement to say "I couldn't put it down", but with this book I could not. In my humble opinion Ms Stevens is the most exciting new author on the scene. I am so looking forward to her new book "The Innocent" which comes out in late dec.
gsbarbie (10/06/11)

Pick up this "can't put down" thriller!
I highly recommend this fast paced thriller! Ms. Stevens does an excellent job creating an interesting plot with complex characters. I wanted to keep turning the pages to find out what was in store. Be aware that once you start reading this book, you won't want to put it down. It is that good! Planning to read the next books in this series.
CarolK (07/10/11)

One Gutsy Woman
I picked this one up for several reasons. First, I love the title and the picture it evokes. An Informationist, someone who deals in information. In this case this person is one Vanessa "Michael" Munroe,. That's the second reason I picked up the book. Reviews depicted Vanessa/Michael as one strong female,a character trait I like in my reading. Third reason; reviews called it a gripping, fast paced, high octane thriller. And lastly, I picked it up as it is debut fiction, always a treat for me.

So did it deliver? Yes on several counts, almost too much so. Munroe is intelligent, tough, ruthless when she needs to be, and yet there is a feminine side that she knows how to play and says woman all the way. The story is definitely fast paced and would keep any thriller fan engaged. Munroe is being compared to Lizbeth Salander of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo fame but though I see some similarities, I didn't immediately make this connection. Yet, if you liked Dragon, I think you'd like this too.

I liked the way Taylor Stevens revealed bits and pieces of Munroe's background, the things that make her who she is, throughout the book. I love the switchback changing of names, rapid fire at times; Vanessa, Michael, Monroe, each revealing their own complexity of character, almost like three different people contributing to the intrigue of the story. What didn't quite work for me was Munroe's ability to come out on top of some very serious situations. You know what I mean, the Indiana Jones sort of story, where coming out alive is almost unbelievable. Normally, I'd say, hey this fiction, suspend belief, and just enjoy the ride. Here, though, it detracts from the whole for me. Munroe is enough of a guerrilla warfare type gal, gutsy and well-trained, that taking it over the top is not necessary.

I need not tell you much more. A synopsis of the book will give you a better picture of plot. A solid 4; a good summer read, great setting (Africa) and interesting character. I'm certain we'll see a sequel.
Peggy Kincaid (04/07/11)

Dark Africa
This is just a wonderful read. Mystery, suspense, thrills and chills abound in this book. It is also a very solid plot line telling you so much about Africa keeping your attention riveted until the very end. I am looking forward to the next book and hoping this will be a series that will just continue to garner more and more raves.

If you are a fan of the Steig Larrson books you will certainly enjoy meeting Michael. She is a very unusual person. This book is great for anyone who loves suspense and travel. Book Clubs should find this a fascinating book to discuss in so many ways from the characters, the locale and why we are who we are as humans.

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry