Reader reviews and comments on Little Princes, plus links to write your own review.

Little Princes

One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal

By Conor Grennan

Little Princes

• Hardcover: Feb 2011,
    Paperback: Dec 2011,

There are currently 29 reader reviews for Little Princes

Dorothy T. (04/11/11)

Everyone should read this one...
...to get a picture of another culture, to understand what happens to the children in the midst of rebellion, and to learn about the efforts and sacrifices made by those who want to help them and their families. Conor Grennan is a likable guy who unexpectedly becomes involved in a life-changing mission. His memoir is well-written with vivid descriptions, humor and emotion that had me engaged from the very beginning.
Brnoze (04/02/11)

All Mothers Cry
I read Little Princes and chose it as my book club's next book choice. I wanted others to enjoy it as I had. It has so much content worth discussing. Our group enjoys the writing of the authors but the content and lessons learned are what keeps us coming back for comparisons and relating to our lives. This book fits us perfectly.
Elizabeth (02/26/11)

Outstanding
A war-torn country, orphaned children, child traffickers, poverty, starvation, and wonderful volunteers to alleviate some of the pain. LITTLE PRINCES lets us into this world of heartbreak and unbelievable circumstances that children and citizens have to endure. Conor was a special person who fell in love with the children and had an obsession/passion to help the people of Nepal, especially those dear children, to find their families.

The story begins by telling us about the adventures of young men and women who bike ride for pleasure from country to country or come voluntarily to help at orphanages and then become completely attached and immersed in this life of innocent, exuberant children. The book tells how you can and do become attached to the heartwarming children and their innocence and acceptance of their lives....they know nothing else and are happy. Conor is an amazing young man who was determined to find the parents of the children who had been taken from their family by a man who said he would provide a better life for their children when in fact the children were left starving in the street. This man took every last penny and whatever these hopeful families had to give.

Giving up your time to travel to a third-world country to help children definitely takes a special person. LITTLE PRINCES makes you appreciate what we have in terms of food, civility, and comforts. I admire the volunteers who risk their own lives to help others in third-world countries.

The book was brilliantly written...the author is very expressive, writes with great detail, and makes you feel as though you are right there sharing all the experiences. The description of the country, the villages, and its poverty is exceptional. Kudos to you Conor for your work and dedication. 5/5
Bishnu Tamang (02/05/11)

Can't wait reading "The Little Princess"
Great heart Conor. Even though I'm from Nepal, havn't done the work he has done in search of humanity. The satisfaction in creation and his deeds. I felt I'm around the children having traffiking, the severe thing going on in Nepal. Thanks to Conor Dai. I heard there,is one more person he is spending his life for the children of Nepal, helping trafficked and arphanage children. Do you know him Conor Dai?, His name is Mr Gyan Bahadur Lama!
Kristi (01/28/11)

A moving story of helping orphans in Nepal
This book deserves a detailed review, but I've loaned out my copy -- I loved it and wanted to share it immediately! Grennan intended to spend a few weeks volunteering in Nepal before a trip around the world, and ended up staying longer than expected and becoming deeply involved with an orphanage, eventually reuniting many children who had been taken from their parents with their families. Grennan's story is incredibly touching, and he writes with a great deal of humor and grace about his interactions with the Nepali children under his care, the political situation in Nepal, and his budding romance with a woman he eventually marries. The comparisons to "Three Cups of Tea" are inevitable, as both books tell the story of a young man who dedicates himself to helping children in Asia, but Grennan's witty voice and insights are all his own. I think we will be hearing a great deal about this book as it becomes widely known!
Terrie J. (Eagan, MN) (01/10/11)

Inspriring Read
I really enjoyed this book.,,much more than I thought I would. Even though it was written from a man's perspective, it had a very touching and sentimental feel about it. Conor's work was very admirable and through his words, you could feel his empathy and closeness to the children. I would highly recommend this book to young adults as well as adults. It will encourage great discussion in a book group. Hats off to Conor Grennan for capturing my heart.
Chris W. (Temple City, CA) (01/04/11)

Incredible
What an amazing story and book, so well written by Conor Grennan. I could not put it down. His writing is quite humorous at times but the story is touching and inspiring. This book is a must read for everyone, all ages, book clubs and individuals. We can all be inspired by his passion and selfless commitment to these children and to Nepal.
June M. (Columbia, South Carolina) (12/29/10)

Fulfilment of a Promise
Conor Grennan thought he was out to travel the world until he arrived in the mountainous country of Nepal where he volunteered in an orphanage. With the civil war, children were taken from their parents with the promise of a better life. However, they were mistreated and starved. The lucky ones were rescued and placed in the orphanage. After returning to the US, he set up a foundation and returned to Nepal to try and locate the parents of the orphans. The book describes his relationship with the children and his determination to fulfill his promise to locate the parents.

Next Generation Nepal

1.  254Cartwheel:
    Jennifer duBois
  2.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

P Your O C