Reader reviews and comments on Little Princes, plus links to write your own review.

Little Princes

One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal

By Conor Grennan

Little Princes

• Hardcover: Feb 2011,
    Paperback: Dec 2011,

There are currently 29 reader reviews for Little Princes

Nancy F. (carmel, in) (12/12/10)

The Little Princes
I selected this book because I loved "Three Cups of Tea's" message that one person can change the world. I was looking for a similiar story, which of course I found, however it is clear this was not an attempt to "copycat" Mortenson's autobiography.
Instead I was drawn in by the power of the author's ability to take you into these characters' lives and emotions. As an American reader I am once again reminded that human joy comes from the spirit, not the bank account. Thank you for a remarkable book and for inspiring me to take personal action in this world of increasing disparity.
Mindy (Alabama) (12/10/10)

Compelling Read
This wonderful true story of Conor Grennan's time in Nepal has everything you would want in a good novel. Written with humor and page-turning suspense, Little Princes follows his growth as a person from an adventure-seeking college kid to the founder of a world-wide organization. The tales of the children's antics are delightful, and there is even a love interest. I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it highly for book clubs and for people of all ages.
Karen J. (Bremerton, WA) (12/08/10)

Worthy Successor
Ever since I trekked in Nepal I've longed to return and Little Princes took me there. The author's description of Kathmandu, Nepal and its people, so beautifully rendered, brought back a flood of memories, but even more, this story of child trafficking and the author's commitment to reunite lost children with their parents reached down deep, grabbed my heart and has yet to let go. If you've read Three Cups of Tea (and who hasn't) you'll find this memoir more than a worthy successor. I will be recommending this book to all my friends.
Nancy M. (Warminster, PA) (12/02/10)

little princes
A beautifully written story about a young man who volunteered for three months to work in an orphanage in Nepal and found the orphaned children were really not orphans but victims of child traffickers who sold them in to slavery. In trying to find the parents of the children to reunite them with their children the author also found his soul. Once I started reading this book I could not put it down.

Nepal has suffered horribly from a corrupt government at war with Maoist guerrillas. The trafficking in children continues. A portion of the proceeds from purchasing this book will go to Next Generation Nepal, the foundation created by the author to continue the work of finding the families of the of trafficked children in Nepal.
Anna S. (Sayville, NY) (12/02/10)

Review Little Princes by Conor Grennan
I love a book that takes me away from the here and now and transports me to a place that I will probably never get to visit. Little Princes is just that kind of book. The magnificent landscape and endearing people of Nepal come to life. In Grennan's story we get to see some of the best and worst in humanity, and are left with a feeling that good will prevail. So all my fellow armchair travelers grab a copy of Little Princes and enjoy the trip!
Froma F. (Boulder, CO) (12/02/10)

Saving Children, Saving Himself
It’s hard not to reference “Three Cups of Tea” (as in “If you loved….”) and, of course, if you enjoy stories of a somewhat self-absorbed individual who stumbles onto his life’s work in exotic climes, you will love Little Princes. But this is not a novel (although it reads like one) and to refer to it as part of a genre is to trivialize a remarkable achievement. Conor finds fulfillment working with Nepalese children separated from their parents during war. Although it is a memoir, the book is very much about those children and their vibrant personalities shine through. Recommended for book clubs and all others.
Tamara S. (Wenatchee, WA) (12/01/10)

The unlikely advocate for the Nepali children
Just as in G. Mortenson's book "Three Cups of Tea" this author never set out to devote his entire life to aiding the lost children in Nepal. Connor followed his heart and made an impact in improving children's lives in Nepal and continues to do so with his established foundation. The story is inspirational and well written. The only thing I would of added to the book was actual photos of the area and its people and a map showing where he traveled to find the parents.
Beverly D. (Palm Harbor, FL) (11/30/10)

more info please
Another in the line of "self-discovery" storis and commitment to doing what is right no matter the cost.
The story of the 18 orphans and the 7 lost children is the thread that ties adventures together. Although an absorbing journey, I need more background info, i.e. the civil war in Nepal,child trafficking and how the NGN functions within the precarious conditions(governmental /economic) in Nepal.
The writing is very engaging but seems to be more like diary entries with extremely detailed conversations. I wanted to hear, though, backstories on Conor and& Farid.
I liked this book and wanted to give it a higher rating than I will. My main criticism is that I needed more history to ground the amazing work that proves one person CAN make a difference.

Next Generation Nepal

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove