Reader reviews and comments on In The Meantime, plus links to write your own review.

In The Meantime

Paperback: Sep 1999,

There are currently 32 reader reviews for In The Meantime

Zodwa (09/22/10)

In the mean time
After reading this book my life change completely for the best. I started seeing every relationship I had a preparation towards the best that is to come. I'm now in a very happy relationship that I appreciate so much, not carrying the baggage of the past into the future. Thank you so much Lyanla for being such an inspiration in my life
Marilyn D McNeil (04/13/10)

In the Meantime
This is an excellent choice for broken hearted women. I read this book my freshman year of college and now I have a Masters Degree in Organizational Management and in pursuit of a CACR as a Substance Abuse Therapist. The love I was looking for was already present inside myself. Thank you Mrs. Vanzant for the powerful words of wisdom.
amy valerie (08/10/09)

opened up...
I've always been a open minded person, that is willing to change my perspective of life every chance I have. This book played a huge part in my life, helping me to recognize where I stand in love's house for myself. I realized how much I do love myself, how its not about the problems, not about the stress, the difficulty to get by, if you love yourself and all that you surround yourself with everything eventually just falls into place making your state of mind to be pure unconditional love (the attic). I found myself to be in the third floor for majority of my life, and just recently worked my way up to the top and really appreciate everything and everyone. to completely find myself and be satisfied with what the world has to offer. when you come across that stage, you notice that all the other people that feel that way towards life start to change their perspective. This book just opened a whole knew door for me. I'm 18,... yeah I know I'm young, but there's been so much going on in my life since I was 10 that this book helped me get through "my stuff", clean out my house and get everything straightened out.
Kelly Wilhoit (03/31/08)

In the Meantime
Excellent Book! Before reading this book, I was a mess. Always unsure of myself. I didn't trust me... I was always asking for other peoples advice for fear of making a mistake. I was always attracting negative energy, and blaming other people for my shortcomings, and more. Since reading this book... I have learned to trust myself, honor myself, respect myself , love myself... all of which I had no idea... that I wasn't doing for me. I also, learned how to speak the truth and live my truth and do things consistent with what I believe...even if others don't agree. I realize that I had all the answers all this time... this book just showed me how to access them. I have passed my recommendation on to several friends and it has helped them as well.
M. Villeneuve (10/12/06)

The Best I have ever read
Upon realizing what a mess I was living 6 years ago I read this book and it had inspired me to change how I lived my life by sayingy "No" to some unhealthy decisions and situations. However recently I have come across a situation entirely differenty but still I find myself refering back to this book for support in my life. I loved reading it once and will continue to enjoy it even more the second time. Thank you for helping me in another situation, your guidance is greatly appreciated.
Cecilia (01/09/06)

It found me.
This book found me when I most needed it...3 days after the person I thought I was in love with told me he had somebody else and asked me to move on. Nonetheless, this book taught me that I was never really in love but in fear....It has opened my eyes and my heart and I'm grateful.
Anonymous (10/14/04)

Have you ever re-viewed your life? Have you ever re-envisioned your future? Have you ever re-defined your definition of happiness? Absolutely independent of what mother, father, grandmother, teacher or anyone else for that matter, told you. Imagine not imagining being married. Imagine not imagining having children. Imagine imagining yourself alone. Can you imagine yourself being happy in and of your Self?
Kelsey (09/18/03)

This book has made a big difference in my life at a confusing time. It made my problems seem a lot clearer. I learned to love myself before I tried to love someone else. I learned that life will go on. Vanzant has a funny writing style, one that I can relate to. When my girlfriends were going relationship issues, I gave them each a copy, then they passed it on to others. I think this book has helped me more than I ever thought a book could do. Thank you.

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

It is a fact of life that any discourse...will always please if it is five minutes shorter than people expect

P Your O C