Reader reviews and comments on Girl, Interrupted, plus links to write your own review.

Girl, Interrupted

By Susanna Kaysen

Girl, Interrupted

• Paperback: Apr 1994,

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Girl, Interrupted

jay jae (08/25/10)

realistic one
It gives me the hint about the different personality disorders and how they behave as they are. As SPED student it makes me aware of it.
Awesome!!!!!
Giselle (02/25/05)

I'm fourteen years old and a freshman in high school. I chose to write about this book for a reading journal in my english class. It gave me an insight into the lives of mental patients and made me think about the difference between crazy and sane. Can anyone really define sanity?
Chris (02/20/05)

The story gave me an outlet and was so captivating that I could not put the book down and have recommended it to all of my friends. I am still recommending it to people even though I read it about two years ago, when I was 15. Being 17 now I still love to re-read it every once and a while.
Angela (12/02/04)

Very accurate portrayal. If you've been there you can relate. If you haven't been in the situation it is very good way to try and undestand.
trappercpt (12/02/04)

anyone who is in the world in which she lived in can relate to this book, and people who are not in this world get a look at what it is like, It's an amazing book and I honestly didn't put it down
kt (11/01/04)

this book was ok but the movie was better--the ending just kind of ends and doesn't let you know if she is truly cured and sane again?
Hania (04/29/04)

i loved it.. very realistic.. and it concerns my field of interest.. psychology/psychiatry.. its a movie and a book i watch/read over and over again.love it
Cathy (02/27/04)

This is a fantasitic book...with such in-depth detail about her time spent in the hospital! It made me laugh at times but also feel very sad and shocked by the way she was treated by the people around her who just didnt understand what she was going through.I loved the film and wanted to read the book now i have a much better understanding of what she went through.A definate must for everyone! i am 17 years old!

Mrs. Hemingway