Reader reviews and comments on Sarah's Key, plus links to write your own review.

By Tatiana de Rosnay

• Hardcover: Jun 2007,
    Paperback: Sep 2008,

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Sarah's Key

Doris (01/19/12)

Sarah's Key Book Review
Sarah’s Key is written about Tatiana de Rosnay. It takes place in Paris, France and deals with the Holocaustand the Vel d’hiv round up in 1942 where the french police captured hundreds of Jews and took them to their deaths.

This was a heart-wrenching story about a dark period in history. It contains suspense but also heartbreak and pain. I recommend this book and I’m sure anyone in there right mind will fall completely in love with it.
Care (01/05/12)

Very sad but a must to read
I found this book so terribly sad, it brought tears. I wasn't going to finish it but I am glad I did. Everything should read this so they know what happened to the Jews during Hitler's reign. He was so evil, is surely in Hell. The French were ordered by Hitler to do this. Saddest book I ever read but worth it, couldn't put it down. Maybe the film will be a bit different. This is done all the time, film not quite the same as the book. Not sure I would watch it!!
Brooke (12/04/11)

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key was very intriguing. I loved it from the very beginning. I highly recommend this book if you are into historical fiction books that are exciting and have a touch of romance in it. I loved it, and I hope that you do to. Do not be afraid to read a book. Even if the reviews don;t catch your eye, it doesn't mean that you wouldn't enjoy it. I myself have read reviews on a book, and it didn't sound good at all, but I read it and it is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. So I highly recommend this Just try it, I'm sure that you will love it!!!! :)
Melli Reeds (11/12/11)

Sarah's Key
This novel drew me in from the beginning. The way de Rosnay intertwined two stories were well done. And the various dramatic situations and circumstances make the readers contemplative and in some ways makes an emotional connection. However, I felt the ending was a complete sell-out. A real disappointment. The ending lost it's voice and reason. It was written as if it was to please the audience...or had to wrap up the story quickly. ...maybe I should have rated it a 3.
Di (10/14/11)

Overrated.
This was an extremely disturbing book, and after a few chapters, I could see what was coming and put it away.Though based on a little known historic event, the story is maudlin and doesn't ring "true". When the police are pounding on the door, it takes a good long time for the mother to answer, and she seems very much unconcerned about her children. And then we get to Julia. Just couldn't relate. Not my kind of book
HP (08/28/11)

Sara's Key
I loved the story, although, It was sad and hard to read. Being Jewish myself, it brought tears to my eyes. It was a surprise ending. Everyone should read this book.
Kathy West (08/07/11)

Sarah's Key
This is a must read book. I really enjoyed how she used the 2 characters past and present to tell this important story. I had a difficult time putting down my book. I was concerned about reading another Nazi story because it is so unbelievable that humans could treat other humans that way, but this is done so uniquely. ENJOY, I DID!
Kaylaa (: (03/21/11)

Ohhmygoooosh.
Oh, my! There are so many words to describe this book .I love this book & I will recommend it for anyone. I hope who ever sees this reads it & enjoys it ! :D.

• Book Jacket: The Pope and Mussolini
    The Pope and Mussolini
    by David I. Kertzer
    The Pope and Mussolini is a riveting account of the parallel rise to power of the authoritarian ...
  • Book Jacket: The Promise