Reader reviews and comments on Brooklyn Bridge, plus links to write your own review.

By Karen Hesse

• Hardcover: Sep 2008,
    Paperback: Sep 2008,

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Brooklyn Bridge

Kimmy (11/27/12)

An egaging book that makes you think.
I liked the book but found it hard to keep up with everything that happened. I was a good read but I would not have chosen it if it weren't for a Language Arts project.
Quin (08/05/12)

Brooklyn Bridge
This was like the most inspiring book I have ever read, and I am the kind of person who reads 20 books a day and non of them inspire me this much. Definitely best book ever!3
Save (12/03/10)

Best Book Ever!!!!!
This is by far the most clever yet touching book I've read so far and I've read 914 books. A lot don't you think and I'm only 11. This book is about a 14 year old boy who's parents started making teddy bears and his sister makes her own library in the same store.

This book is touching yet real in every way. I would recommend reading his book if you haven't already read it. Remember its the BEST BOOK EVER!
Bella (09/01/10)

A fine example of what historical fiction should be-deep, fun, and thought-provoking
I'm a ten year old girl who recently read this book. It was a deep, yet fun confection about growing up in the early 1900's, the time where New York was spilling with immigrants and Coney Island was at its prime. It prompted me to read online and ask relatives about the old Coney Island. Now especially, this book got me thinking because of the new Luna Park. I hope someday the old Coney Island feel will return and Coney Island will be restored. Because from what this book says, the old Coney Island was great fun.
Jamila Ouadghiri (12/26/08)

Brooklyn Bridge
I am a very lucky reader because I am the first to read the book, Brooklyn Bridge by Karen Hesse, one of my favorite authors. This story teaches a person about the true meaning of how some people really live. The main character, Joseph Michtom, is always straightforward throughout the whole book. I use the word beautiful when describing the works of fiction because its a difficult term to justify. But this book is beautiful. Beautiful, weird, and real in a way that will touch you. If an author writes such a good book like this, while on a vacation, I urge every writer to take an extended vacation pronto!

• Book Jacket: Hyde
    by Carol Cassella

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

P Your O C