Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Paperback: Oct 1995,

There are currently 260 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Candace (09/20/10)

childed called it
When I read this book I was so sad for you. I'm glade that I don't have a sick mother like you. I'M SO SORRY that is mother did that to you. I hope You have a BETTER life now THAN WHAT YOU DID...SORRY.....

CANDACE
cynthia (09/10/10)

a child called "It"
This book is very sad. I am so grateful for my parents loving me. They give me everything and I'm glad that they don't abuse me. My parents did foster care and I was very lucky to see how some kids are treated. This book was given to me by a friend to show me how some kids so young are treated. Me and my friends cried while reading this book. " So don't take things for granted".
Mollie Parker (09/06/10)

The Child Called It
When I read this book I fault like I was so Lucky to have the life I have and the food I eat. But at the same time I was thinking what if I didn't and I was just like that little boy. When I would think about this I would start to cry and wonder how many kids are getting abused right now over half the world I believe..
Kountz (09/02/10)

A Miracle
Really sad story. I can only say thanks for what I have and never forget that someone might need a helping hand.
t-t (08/28/10)

awesome book
Wow..this book is extremely sad..I cried reading it at the bookstore and didn't care who saw me. It's just atrocious what he had to go through and I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for someone who survived all that he went through. He's a man made of iron and many, many others could've never survived what he did..just amazing!
Peyton (08/28/10)

The best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really loved it, it was very inspirational. It makes me feel like anything can come true. and that you should never give up on dreams to become loved again.
All praise Dave Pelzer
sam (08/24/10)

it
I just love this book. English is also simple and we can easily understand the meanings,the way the writer has written it makes us cry and shocks us. I cried while reading this book. A must read.
Kylie (08/19/10)

Amazing
I read this book and I was so touched! I'm only 11 and I couldn't believe what this child went through! I'm gonna re-read this sometime soon, but people that think that their life sucks, need to read this book.

• Book Jacket: Take This Man
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

Tomlinson Hill