Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Paperback: Oct 1995,

There are currently 260 reader reviews for A Child Called It

sporty (01/03/12)

amazing story
I just cant believe you survived through all of this. I would have given up. But no, David never gave up. He pushed his way through his miserable life. His mom didn't know what to do after her husband left so she became an alcoholic and beat her kids. This book is AMAZING!
Shanaya (12/22/11)

AWSOME
This book is a sad true story about a boy who is trying to survive his mothers harmful games. I usually never finish books but for the first time this book carried me in to reading the whole thing. I recommend people to read this book to show how child abusing is. This is a book that I would read over and over again.
Amy (12/21/11)

Awesome
I loved the book when I picked it up i couldn't put it down, a story about a boy being abused :( But it's the best book I EVER read in my life
Ali cruz.3 (12/17/11)

The child called it was.. just..
This book is amazing .. so depressing. If I were him I wouldn't know how to survive . it takes so my strength and courage to survive though that!
Emmanuel (12/14/11)

summary
Wow. This book is very good.
Jillian (12/10/11)

"the child called it"
It was a sad story, it's amazing how the story goes. How could someone just do that to a child. I recommend this book to anyone but EVERYONE!
byers1991 (11/24/11)

AMAZING!!
I read this book because it was recommended to me. It was an amazing book! Definitely makes you think twice when you say you hate your life if you don't get your way! You can read through this book and you will find that he didn't say he hated his life once! He did say he hated his mother but not his life! What she did to him was awful! I absolutely loved this book! I cried at least 4 times! GREAT BOOK!!
Jessy (11/21/11)

the child called it
This book is amazing. I'm not much of a reader, but when I read a page of it to please my sister I couldn't stop. If your looking for a good attention grabber this is your book.

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove