Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

By Dave Pelzer

• Hardcover: Oct 1999,
    Paperback: Oct 1995,

There are currently 260 reader reviews for A Child Called It

crazy chick (08/18/10)

A Child Called It
i have to give this book a 5 because it was soooo good. I don't rlly read a lot, but I had to read this for a project in school and could not put it down! I cried, I smiled, I gasped, just like I'm sure everyone else who read it did. this was an amazing book. I am really sorry for Dave and I'm glad he followed his dreams and joined the Air Force!! For those who liked this book you should read the sequel!
joy (06/06/10)

best book ever
To start off I really don't like to read at all, but reading this changed my whole mind set on life. I could not put this book down when I started reading. I read this book in one day. I have never read a book this good EVER. I can't wait to read other books by him.
sammy (06/01/10)

omg
omg love this book...this is a book that i read when I think my life is bad....it makes me realize that yeah, things may be bad, but there not as bad as they could be!!
shonna (05/27/10)

sad story
This book is very sad, but very good. If I get the chance I will read it over - you should too!
Simone (05/21/10)

wow.
I am a 13 year old, and this book touched me like no other!! I cried, I smiled, and I even screamed! This book is like no other! It's warming, sweet, astonishing, and sad! I thank God every day for giving me a wonderful mother to depend on!! I ALSO WISH DAVE PELZER A WONDERFUL HAPPY LIFE!!
~simone
Yesenia (05/17/10)

A Child Called It
I thought this book was amazing because how he suffered was really astonishing. I am wondering if his mother felt ashamed of how she treated Dave?
a girl (05/14/10)

It
I have read this book. it was heart touching and very sad. Why didn't she go to jail? I mean she deserved it.
MARIA L. CANO (05/06/10)

A child called It
This has been the most greatest book of all time. I have never loved a book so much like this one. It let me realize that no matter how kids are they will always be kids and no one has the right to mistreat them. I cried and cried throughout the book. I recommended a lot, I could say I am not much of a reader but this is a great book. Bless your heart for telling us your story. Because of this I never hit my kids. I do put them in time out but I don't believe in miss treating them.;

The Search