Reader reviews and comments on Sold, plus links to write your own review.

Sold

• Hardcover: Sep 2006,
    Paperback: Apr 2008,

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Sold

mykah milner (02/07/10)

sold
I am 14 years old when i read this book and I can honestly say it it is life changing. This book makes you really think about how life is at the moment some where else in this world and how fortunate you are to be able to walk around and not be told what you can and can't do. This really changed the way I think, and made me realize some people don't live so fortunate and free at all. You're an amazing author and I want to thank you for informing people about things like this. You are good.
Tacha Marie (01/21/10)

Ummm
I love this book so0 much but it leaves you wanting more. After all she went through I wanna know how happy she is in this new place, if she ever sees her family and if her mom ever finds out what happen to her. Overall this book is very touching & sad. I feel her pain and her worry is as if it was all happening to me. Ever since I read this book I feel grateful about all I have; like she said we Americans live like kings and it is true we do. I don't worry about the cold about the the rain or the snow because my roof is good.
yozna shiwakoti (12/15/09)

motivating
When I first saw this novel in the high school library I just grabbed it an started reading it. I was familiar with the the story and I found it really interesting and heart-touching because a thirteen year old innocent girl was being sold and I was moved by her life story. I want to make a film based on her life story. In future after completing my studies I will hopefully work on this film.

This novel is an excellent and brilliant masterpiece of the author and I would like to praise her for such a fabulous work she has done. Thnx for writing this novel.
Gabrielle G (12/09/09)

This book is well written
This book was well written. McCormick explains the story well, and lets Lakshmi's torn spirit lead the reader into a world of hopeless despair.
Annonymous (06/23/09)

Wow
Amazing. One word, an opinion, and yet it means so much. This book, written in free verse has opened a whole new side of me.
Hayley Moratto (05/26/09)

Sold
This book is very good. It represents how jaw-dropping the real world can be.
Gayan Perera (05/10/09)

ILOVE ISHARA
Sold is a very good book. Even though it has adult things in it, the story is good one. It is very easy to read as well.
asha (04/30/09)

superb
I am 17 and this is by far the best book I have ever read. Lakshmi is an absolutely real character who's pain and sorrows remind us to be grateful for all we have. Having already grown up in a dirt poor village she is forced into a life of oppression in one of the worst ways.
Her emotional journey is one that any reader can appreciate, and I myself cried many times will reading this book.
This is absolutely based on things that happen to children who are trafficked in India. I think people need to be informed and somehow get involved because those kids need someone to save them.

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove