Reader reviews and comments on Sold, plus links to write your own review.

• Hardcover: Sep 2006,
    Paperback: Apr 2008,

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Sold

:-) (01/08/11)

Sold
This book was amazing! It opens your eyes to different things in different countries. It is amazing with the vivid detail. I can not imagine going through what Lakshmi did. She is a great character!!!! :-) love this book
Unknown (01/05/11)

I don't like this
Ummmm... not only India has prostitution but every country including America has prostitution, murder, rape, sexual assault, etc. and there have been 50 rapes in America committed by the same man who still isn't caught yet.
Jordan (12/15/10)

Sold
This book is okay. It jumps back and forth at times, and sometimes there is info in it that is not needed.
Allen Ken Ito Liu (12/06/10)

Revolution/Pioneer
I believe the author of this pure book has guts. Obviously, she wrote this kind of story and is a pioneer, for others who never had the gut to write kinds of "sold", and feared critics review. I'm glad someone just had enough courage to make deal about what is happening in the world where others were just blind of. Therefore, this receives 5 out of 5.
Madelyn (11/29/10)

Sold
This book was one of the best books I have read this year, it grabbed me from the first page. I could feel Lakshmi's pain all the way through this heart gripping story, I think what made this book so emotional for me is that I know this does happen, and it's not just made up which is awful to think about but I'm hoping more and more reader's will read this and try to make a difference in the world, over all WONDERFUL read.
Precious Briggs (09/23/10)

Sold
I like this book the book. It is very good. I did not know that this is going on in this world. I can not believe it.
Lucii (08/05/10)

Must Read Book!!
I was suppose to read three book over the summer for school. I don't like to read but I was able to finish this book in 4 hours! It was so amazing. I was touched. This book is a great book to read for a teen. I wish there was a part two to this book I would love to know what would happen next!!
Booklvr13 (06/24/10)

So Good
I read this book in 2 days because it was so good I couldn't put it down! I really wanted to find out what happened to her in the end though...

The Search