Reader reviews and comments on Dairy Queen, plus links to write your own review.

Dairy Queen

• Hardcover: May 2006,
    Paperback: Jun 2007,

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Dairy Queen

kailey (03/02/12)

Pretty Good Book
This book is pretty good. I enjoyed all the action on the farm and the action between the to young ones. This is a great book for someone who loves a country book.
... (12/01/11)

is there a second
this book was amazing i have to amit but i mean the end was like ReALLY iwas wondering if there was a second but i could not did not find it so i was sad but i had to many qustion at the end like did she end up with him did she become friends with amber did her life bocome better... to many questions at the end if u like that ending then read it!!!! but other than that it was amazing it was perfect!!

(Editor's Note: The sequel to Dairy Queen is The Off Season.)
Michelle I. (11/14/11)

BORING
Okay, it is "sweet" and "cute" but it was NOT worth reading 274 pages!!!!! I was about to throw the book out the window!!!!! I have never been this bored in a book! The author is very talented. My advice to her is to GET TO THE POINT MORE FASTER AND INCLUDE MORE TWISTS! There are TONS of books I recommend over this one!!! I mean this is the typical basic story about a girl on a farm that wants to play football. C'mon we all know its the same sappy "love" story we have seen a million times on Disney Chanel!
Abby Nopoulos (05/24/11)

Dairy QUEEN, Indeed!
It was a good book that kept me thinking. I found myself smiling, frowning, and at some points, in udder shock! Get it? Udder! Haha but it was a very good book. Good for teen girls. :D
yoyoma (02/11/11)

Dairy Queen
This book is great! I like how DJ decides to take a risk in trying out for football. Lots of suspense!
Lina (10/11/10)

Who said girls couldn't play football?
I'm all for happy endings. When the girl gets the guy out of her league or the guy meets the girl of his dreams. I gotta say this book left me high and dry. I spent all night reading to find that happy ending and it never happened! This book is life changing if you have the patience to finish it.
amy (09/27/10)

dairy queen
I loved this book but that's because I know whats like to work on a farm and to be that person who doesn't care what other people think. I would recommend this book to anyone who like a girl who's not afraid to show that she better than a guy it your classic "if boys can do it girls can do it better".
Chantelle (09/21/10)

Dairy Fail.
Dairy Queen was a good book, Yes I admit, a good background, a great lookout, but the book itself, was very boring. Looking over the other reviews I agree totally, that the book started off to slowly. and it left the readers hanging around waiting for someone to do something. It is said that there is about 7 seconds that the human mind is interested in something, and their minds think about something else doing reading or doing their daily activities. Even though they may not stop, they still think about something else every once in a while. Which I think is very funny because, I am surprised I made it through this book. Not saying that it is horrible, but just saying that the book got off real slow. I didn't like how slow it was, to start off with. I didn't enjoy the middle either. The readers were I'm sure still very bored. but that is just my opinion.
In my case, THIS book FAILED. epically. and i am very disappointing. Goodbye and have a wonderful fantastic, lovely, life.

• Book Jacket: The Promise