Reader reviews and comments on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, plus links to write your own review.

A Fable

By John Boyne

• Hardcover: Sep 2006,
    Paperback: Oct 2007,

There are currently 68 reader reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Katie (05/21/08)

The boy in striped pyjamas
I really enjoy it, even though we are doing it in English at the moment I am finding it quite interesting. I love the way it told by a 9 year old as all the details are only hinted at. It is a great book and although quite a few of the details need to be explained it is very easy to catch up with.
sharon gray (05/20/08)

boy in striped PJS
I enjoyed this book, once started I had to finish it.

Very daunting with lasting after effects.

I attend a book group and that was the last book we have read I'm curious to know what others from the group thought about it. will find out at the next meeting!
Must Read ! (03/26/08)

Very Good!
I found this book very good, It's moving, and helps you too understand what happened at the concentration camps in that time. It kept me up all night reading it, and once i started couldn't put it down. A definitely must read!
GPL (11/08/07)

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
This excellent book is offered as Young Adult. I found the compelling story to be a bit mature for true YA readers.
An amazing story, that kept me up all night reading. I had to finish the book once I started it. This book, along with The Book Thief (interestingly also considered a YA book), are the 2 books I have been insisting that all my reading friends invest their time in.
Alice wilkinson (10/30/07)

great read
Best world war 2 book after the silver sword! I am 10 and my mum got me the book for my birthday. Since then, most my mums' friends have read it. I think it is a great book.
Susan H. (10/26/07)

Everyone must read
This is a must read for everyone. I read it over last summer and had to pass it on with the understanding of the reader that I could not tell them anything about it. All those that read it are in awe. An awesome read.
Bonnie L. (10/21/07)

A must read!
This book is not be be missed...as it tells us about what we as a society haven't quite yet learned even after the horrific Nazi atrocities of WWII. This book should be compulsory reading for every high schooler.
Jebidiah (10/16/07)

Great Book
I think that this book is marvelous and a great book to read and to show not to judge someone one how they look better to judge them by who they are and to show what the Jews went through.

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove