Reader reviews and comments on Ptolemy's Gate, plus links to write your own review.

The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Book 3

By Jonathan Stroud

• Hardcover: Dec 2005,
    Paperback: Jan 2007,

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Ptolemy's Gate

Felix (08/11/13)

Write another book!
Please write another book with Nathaniel and Bartimaeus - I dont care what you have to say but just do it! I nearly balled my eyes out at the end! So please write another book with Nathaniel and Bartimaeus! Please please please please please pleaaaaaaaaaaasee!
Irene Chan (04/06/07)

(A) Stunning end to an equally stunning book
Gosh! Where do I start. Its hard to write without giving the story away. What happens to Kitty towards the end was totally unexpected. Stroud uses a lot of foreshadowing, but I was so sidetracked by the witty endnotes that I didn't think so much of them.

Adults shouldn't be put off just because this book is only categorized under Young Adult (it's only because of the straight-forward style of writing used). The build-up towards the resolution was brilliant! The change in Nathaniel at the end was so touching. I emphathise with Bartimaeus at the end for he was helpless. He had to watch history repeating itself. With Ptolemy it was the same case. I was in tears as I shut the book. However, I won't be keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for a sequel because the last few lines sounded very final.

As with other good books that I've read such as, "The Earthsea Quartet" by Ursula le Guin and "The Abhorsen Trilogy" by Garth Nix, one can only hope that there'll be more great books like these published soon.
Hanta (02/23/07)

Ptolemy's Gate
It's not very good it's genius! When I sat down and read it, at first it was a bit confusing. It's a book that you have to go with the flow otherwise your lost.

The perfect ending for a wonderful trilogy. This is the second best series I have ever read. Harry Potter being first. I highly recommend this book for young adults and maybe even their parents. The Bartimaeus Trilogy gives us a good view of how politics can work, trust and friendship. I say READ IT!!!
Valerie (02/08/07)

Excellent tale
I am an adult, most of the time I even act like one, and I found this book series excellent. The final book of this trilogy is engrossing, and the leaves you wanting more.

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  254Cartwheel:
    Jennifer duBois
  2.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin

It was one of the worst speeches I ever heard ... when a simple apology was all that was required.

P Your O C