Reader reviews and comments on Criss Cross, plus links to write your own review.

By Lynne Rae Perkins

• Hardcover: Sep 2005,
    Paperback: Jan 2008,

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Criss Cross

Mystery Student (11/08/11)

Criss Cross
I thought this book was very good. It really showed the character a lot but I was very confused in the beginning. I still love it though!
Liz M. (04/23/11)

My favorite book EVER!
Out of all the books I've read, this one is my favorite. This book mainly about two characters, Debbie and Hector, and how they change through the course of one summer.The switching points of views give different opinions on the same thing or moment. Every single one of the characters you can relate to. I've read this book about 15 times and every time I read it, I find something I didn't remember or seemed to skip over. All in all, I really suggest this book to anyone and everyone.
Student19 (03/25/11)

Criss Cross Overview
I didn't understand what the plot was supposed be. I didn't understand the meaning of the book. Criss Cross is supposed to be about finding love? I searched only and a reliable source said it was about searching for love. I mean, I get the fact that Debbie and Hector are trying to find love with certain characters, but is that really the main focus? The main focus seems like it is ordinary, regular everyday life. I don't understand Lynne Rae Perkins at all. How did it possibly get the Newberry Medal Award?
susie (11/28/10)

alright
I thought this book was okay. I mean I am 14 years old, and I think the hardest part about this book was finding the plot. I mean the only reason why I read it was because I had to read it for school, but I was just very confused at first because I have to explain a plot, and I can't explain it because it really doesn't have one. But it was filled with girl stuff which I liked.
sdfsfsf (02/03/10)

Criss Cross
This book is amazing! :-)
Rboo (11/26/09)

criss cross
This book is one of my favorites because the feelings the characters have are feelings you can relate to. Like say you like someone and they like you to, you get to know this person but they go away, possibly you can never see them again but your mother does not relate she just feels you'll get over it. If you have no one to relate to read this book.
BRUCIE (10/04/09)

Changing
The book Criss Cross is a good book for teenagers who like a book that switches from one person to another, sometimes without changing the chapter. It's fast moving, but dreamy and calm all in one! I thought this book was great because it kinda keeps you on your toes.
Lexi (06/09/09)

Criss Cross
I like this book. Sure it was confusing at first but it made me think a lot and it was fairly good. I like the different perspectives. It was confusing to most people I think because it was different people most of the time. But it was like that because at the end they crossed paths. It's the WHOLE point of the book - to show how different people can be, and end up crossing paths.

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  170The Weight of Blood:
    Laura McHugh
  2.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin

Happiness belongs to the self sufficient.

P Your O C