Reader reviews and comments on The Penderwicks, plus links to write your own review.

A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy

By Jeanne Birdsall

• Hardcover: Jun 2005,
    Paperback: Mar 2007,

There are currently 19 reader reviews for The Penderwicks

Claire (02/15/07)

Awesome!
This book is very well-written and has lots of description in it. I loved how it was witty, yet funny and entertaining. And if Ms. Birdsall reads this, I would definitely read a sequel to this book. Please write one!
Annalisa (11/04/06)

The Penderwicks-More than Amazing
I recommend this book to anyone. This book is more than wonderful it's actually way past wonderful. In this book there was laughter, sadness, and just enough details that I could be Rosalind, Skye, or any other character. When I read it I could just imagine the whole book in my head like a movie.

I absolutely couldn't put it down. This is a work of pure genius and I hope every one gets to read it someday.
Ann (11/02/06)

The Penderwicks
I really enjoyed this old-fashioned story. I liked the humor and the innocence in the book. Even though it seems old-fashioned, the story is set in the present time and in this day and age, I am surprised Jean Birdsall would have the sisters saying that they were going to "murder" one another. There are quite a few references to that effect and I found it disturbing, especially since we as a society are so sensitive to this sort of talk.

In future books, I would like to see that eliminated. Can't she find other words, such as "I'm going to get you" or some other benign threat instead of "Go away or I'll kill you." (page 121) It's such a lovely and touching story but these things ruin it for me. Does anyone else feel this way?

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

The City
by Dean Koontz

Published Jul. 2014

1.  40Tomlinson Hill:
    Chris Tomlinson

There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

O O T F P, Into T F