Reader reviews and comments on Oblivion, plus links to write your own review.

Oblivion

By Peter Abrahams

Oblivion

• Hardcover: Apr 2005,
    Paperback: Apr 2006,

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Oblivion

gofish (05/31/07)

not very good
I just finished this as an audio book which is probably the only way I was able to get through it. I agree with another reviewer in so far as I also had trouble keeping up with clues and characters including the new, the lost and the found again. A little over the top in terms of credibility. Man with brain tumor and deteriorating brain function solves murder after losing his memory, continuing to have mental and physical problems and having to start all over again while being targeted to be murdered himself. Murderer is obvious long before hero can figure it out. Actually, I think it was quite a feat of imagination, but it didn't really work as a whole.
Philadelphia reader (05/25/07)

Hackneyed writing
I expected to enjoy this book, based on the many positive reviews, but it was a huge disappointment. The characters were one-dimensional and trite and the writing was unimaginative. I didn't finish it, despite a noble try.
Melissa (03/23/07)

What book?
Not sure if it was me or the book, but I found myself as forgetful as the protagonist and his amnesia! He would run into people, places etc. and not remember them and nor could I!! My mom and other friends have read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly, so I'm apt to think I just wasn't of sound mind to read this one! Overall I did enjoy the premise and the plot line!

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

Tomlinson Hill
by Chris Tomlinson

Published Jul. 2014

1.  153The City:
    Dean Koontz

Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better

O O T F P, Into T F