Reader reviews and comments on The Glass Castle, plus links to write your own review.

A Memoir

By Jeannette Walls

• Hardcover: Mar 2005,
    Paperback: Jan 2006,

There are currently 170 reader reviews for The Glass Castle

kutler (06/01/09)

castle
I believe this book is quite good. It portrays the fact that you shouldn't care how other people see you, or if they judge you, very well. This book is a good read, as well as a book that you can learn from.
Alicia3 (05/11/09)

The Glass Castle
The Glass Castle was one of the most amazing books I have ever laid my eyes upon. Jeannette does a wonderful job portraying her family and childhood. Definitely a must read!
alice (04/13/09)

glass castle
This book is a very interesting read that although was a little far fetched, captured my attention until the very end.

As many other readers of the novel have said, the story takes many unbelievable twists and tuns that make the reader question how this could be a memoir. I personally don't think that is the point whatsoever. Maybe every little detail was correct and the author told the story perfectly or maybe the whole thing was just made up; no one will ever know except for Jeannette. Her story though shows a new outlook on life that is the most unique perspective I have ever read about. Her and some of her siblings prove that coming from a broken home, you can get out of that cycle or you can take the easy way out like Maureen and in a way follow in your parents footsteps.
Maleigh (03/23/09)

astonishing writer and person.
The book A Glass Castle made my head and heart turn & melt. What a great accomplishment Jeannette made getting out and living a successful life ((; i rate it a 10! 333Maleigh!
Christine C. (03/12/09)

Wow
Love this book. Read in 2006. Can still open Glass Castle on any page and its like the first time.
Bev Manzer (02/19/09)

questions
Hi, I just started reading 'Firebird' and am enjoying it very much, however, I am surprised at how many grammatical errors there are. I am a retired English teacher and my eyes just seem to go to misspelled words, grammatical errors and the like.
Glenys Tilley (02/19/09)

An amazing story
Jeannette Walls The Glass Castle, is incredulous and deeply touching. Her non-judgmental narrative protects the reader from what would be an devastatingly emotional roller coaster ride- perpetuating the view that good and bad co-exist in the human experience. It's a book that stays with you, long after the final word.
Kim T. (02/11/09)

The Glass Castle
As an avid reader, I always finish a book if I read past page 25. Unfortunately, I read past 25. This seem much like, Frey and Stephen Glass, great story tellers with great imaginations and the lack of integrity to pass off embellished work as non-fiction.

Mrs. Hemingway