Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

Kira-Kira

By Cynthia Kadohata

Kira-Kira

• Hardcover: Feb 2004,
    Paperback: Jan 2007,

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

Jess M. (05/20/08)

Kira-kiRRa1
I had to read this for school. It wasn't a good book I would at least give it 2 1/2 stars. It never made me want to read more or get into what was going to happen next. I like more advanced books like the Meaning of life, Poetry, Quotes, My favorite book is The Secret!

-Jess
Alyssa Walker (01/26/08)

It's the best book EVER!
This is the best book on the 1950s. When you read it you don't see pictures, but you can image them. You can imagine the pictures because Cynthia Kadohata describes things so well. You could feel like you're in the book if you tried hard enough and if you read in between the lines. I would love for you to read this book but if you think it's bad I don't know what to tell you. I enjoyed reading this book for my bookshare at school. I am doing a game on it. I would love to read any of Cynthia Kadohata's books. I wold even love it more if she made more books.
Takuma (10/08/07)

Kira Kira
This book was wondefull. Beginning to the end. Loved this book!
Madi (07/28/07)

touching story
This book is wonderful! I just love it. While reading the book, you can feel the character's emotions, and really, it's a book worth reading. The characters change throughout the book. I really suggest it.
Cristina (05/12/07)

excellent book
I find that a lot of books for young adults are much more interesting that those written for adults. This book is one that blurs the line between young adult and adult fiction. It is the beauty in the little details that make the novel so memorable. The narrator's observations are at once innocent and yet profound. You get the sense that you know these characters personally because Katie's observations paint such a vivid picture.
Being Asian-American myself and growing up in the South, I identified immediately with the main character's experiences. It was like reading scenes from my own life.
This book is definitely a winner!
Rosalicious (04/02/07)

Kiralicious
Kira Kira is a wonderful book about love and dealing with family issues. It also is a good family book because Katie has problems with her family and she doesn't know how to solve them but with the help of her little brother and older sister she might be able to save her sisters life and the life of her family.
Keera Green (12/05/06)

Kira-Kira is the most amazing.......
I'm 14-years-old and in the 9th grade. I have just finished reading the book "Kira-Kira" and I just started reading it yesterday! I love this book! I have never really liked readying but when I started reading this book I just couldn't put it down. I think anybody and everybody would love this book. Even though nothing like what happened in the book has ever happened to me, I felt some kind of connection to the book.
Leysha (11/27/06)

kira kira
This book was excellent and i think anyone who is loosing a person very close to them will love or anyone who is really close to their family or siblings i give this book a 5 and would recommend it to anyone who can read !!

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove