Reader reviews and comments on How I Live Now, plus links to write your own review.

By Meg Rosoff

• Hardcover: Aug 2004,
    Paperback: Jul 2005,

There are currently 54 reader reviews for How I Live Now

Smores (02/15/08)

Amazing
It is so realistic it's almost a memoir of a fictional girl. I've read 32 books since January first and so far this book has blown the others away. Why this book isn't required reading in school eludes me. You never even think its wrong for her to want to be with her cousin, because you just want things to be happy again. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, DO SO NOW.
k.k (01/27/08)

book review
What a great book.
Full of suspense.
Extremely gripping and couldn't put it down.
I recommend this book!
None (01/09/08)

Waste of Time!!!
How I Live Now was a book that was painful to read. Everyone I know who has read it has said that they felt let down at the end of the novel. I quote, "I want the last hour of my life back." "I hated all the characters." "I didn't realize that I'd finished the book until I ran out of pages - it just felt so wrong!" The protagonist, Daisy, had no real personality, making it difficult to continue reading. The idea behind the love story is understandable, but it didn't seem to fit in context with everything else that was occurring. Finally the worst part: The story had the potential to be great. All it would have taken would have been a little more description where it mattered, and a little less in the boring parts. If Rosoff had built the story more than was done, it might have been a good read. Instead, the end came with a disappointment. For all the hype about the book, I feel cheated.
number one fan (12/15/07)

A wonderful book
Daisy was and still is a very inspiring girl! I think that Meg Rosoff is a wonderful writer and that her book "How I live Now" captures many readers and brings them with her on the journey of Daisy and her cousins!
gerry (10/31/07)

just too!!! boring for me
The book How I Live Now is very boring. I am into action, big turning points, adventure. This book had very little of any of them. From recent reviews I would have too agree with some of the responses, for example the way Meg Rosoff described the relationship between Edmond and Elizabeth. Truly it grossed me out . I don't know how things are done in England, but in the US that is just wrong , not natural.
Lyn (08/29/07)

People said that this book was boring.
People said that this book was boring and didn't make sense. But as I read it made complete sense. A girl is in love with someone who is far away and she is trying to get back to him. I recommend this book to people who are not afraid to read a love story, and a war story combined into one. Read this book and you wont be able to put it down.
I say that this book gets two thumbs up because it grabs your attention from the moment you begin to read it. I think that Daisy had a right to fight for what she believed in and what she believed in. She didn't give up and she didn't lose hope. She remembered all the good in their relationship and that is what kept her going.
If you think that this book is boring and it doesn't make sense, then you are completely wrong. This book to me sends a message and the message is that you should never give up no matter how bad your life is at the moment. If you believe in yourself then you can keep going and you wont give up. Read this book and hopefully you will receive the same message as I have.
Sophie (08/18/07)

How I Live Now
At first I found it a little confusing, with the lack of speech marks but once I got used to it I found it was an absolutely outstanding book, I loved every minute of it. I was hooked from start to finish and didn't put it down. A must read.
sweetsmells:P (07/30/07)

How I Live Now
This book is amazing! It definitely deserved the Michael L. Printz award. It was filled with everything to keep a teenager interested.Suspense, lust, emotion, everything!!!!!!!! If you get the chance to read, DO SO!!

Mrs. Hemingway