Reader reviews and comments on Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, plus links to write your own review.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

By David Sedaris

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

• Hardcover: Jun 2004,
    Paperback: May 2005,

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

Linn (12/15/06)

He puts the fun in dysfunction!
A brilliantly funny book that proves you can have a very unfunny childhood and still laugh about it ( after the fact!). His dry wit and turn of a phrase left me smiling. I felt like I knew him and his family. He puts the fun in dysfunction and came out a survivor!
Alex (08/16/05)

Hilarious
This book comes with many laughs. Although I never got the whole naked barbie doll for a cover. I remember I started this book in a waiting room. I guess its odd watching a 14 year old girl laughing out loud while reading a book with a naked barbie doll going on.
Absolutely Satisfied (05/25/05)

A Must-Read
After reading this book, it has flown to the top of my top favorites list. Hilarious, touching, and brutally honest, I found this to be a completely captivating compilation of well written stories.
Anonymous (02/26/05)

At my age, 14, this kind of humor is all I expect out of a book. My mom was listening to it in the car on the way to camp, and I didn't get what was so funny, but then three years later, I'm here, listening to it and I hardly have enough breath left to talk.
MG (01/17/05)

This is laugh-out-loud funny - a terrific read!
Rho (09/20/04)

I was expecting a lot of laughs from this book. Many people said it was very funny. I found it very sad, and felt sorry for him. The family life was not funny to me. It is a dysfunctional family, which I have found ALL families are. But to dump all your dirty stuff out; I just did not 'get' the humor. I would be very upset if it were my brother doing these about me. I must be too sensitve, but I am glad. I know his writing style is not for me, LOL. Our bookclub chose this one. I did finish it also, so give myself credit for that! :)

Rho 40yr old female

by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

Tomlinson Hill