Reader reviews and comments on A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

A Great and Terrible Beauty

By Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty

• Hardcover: Dec 2003,
    Paperback: Mar 2005,

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Nicole (11/14/04)

Hey I'am15 and my mommom bought me this book on Friday, by Saturday night i was finished although i wish i would have kept going it was an amazing book and l absolutely loved it!!This is definitely a keeper!!
Lenae (11/10/04)

This book was fantastic. The complexities of the characters and the conflicts are amazing. Libba Bray truly understands how to make a character not only believable, but REAL. Gemma's conflicting emotions and trials (no matter how supernatural and unrealistic) demonstrate just how difficult it is to make the transition from childhood, to adulthood. Even if you're not normally into fantasy literature, this novel is still fantastic. A compelling Gothic for young adult readers.
Amie (10/28/04)

This book was totally awesome. I first thought that it would be some wierdo book about some girl and her life at a boarding school. Actually it turned out to be totally not like that. I would recomend it to anyone and for those of you not sure, I would definetely give it a chance
Jenna (10/23/04)

Hi my name is Jenna and im 13. I loved this book. It has so much detail and descriptive words. I love books set in the Victorian age. I would recommend this book to any teen. Boys may like it too but not as much. Anyone who likes fantasy or romance read this book!!! Try this book you wont be sorry
Gina (10/20/04)

I found the book to be very intriguing. Gemma was very mysterious and that led me to want to read more. I cannot wait for the next book to come out so I can have some of my questions answered.
ethnee (10/17/04)

I think that the book "A great and terrible beauty," was pretty good. It had magical things in it and normal things that could have really happened. I didn't give it a five because there was something that didn't grab me. I am not sure what it is and can't pin piont it. It was a really good book and I would recommend it to people who like magic and romance. The girls at spence's seemed real, and I love books set in the Elizabethian age and Victorian age. It was really good and I am waiting for the second one.
Tanea Choudhury (10/10/04)

This book it wonderful! Couldn't put it down till I found out what happened. I recommand this for teens
looking for mystery and romance packed into one book. What made me buy this book was the life Gemma led.
And of course the visions she recieves; who wouldn't want to be special in a mystical way.
Chloe (08/30/04)

I was looking for a book to read after I had read the Harry Potter series. I thought that all the other books I had started after reading Harry Potter were boring, but then I read the preview for this book. I bought it, and had it finished in 3 days. It was a great read! I wish Libba Bray had more books out!!

Mrs. Hemingway