Reader reviews and comments on Trojan Odyssey, plus links to write your own review.

Trojan Odyssey

By Clive Cussler

Trojan Odyssey

• Hardcover: Nov 2003,
    Paperback: Dec 2004,

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Trojan Odyssey

mlt (03/03/06)

Anti-Climactic
A build-up of the Odyssey myth that ends up nowhere. Implausible technological premise. Sensationalism seemingly contrived to cash in on prospective movie rights but doesn't work towards achieving a decent read.
Alan Braggins (02/17/05)

For me there were two major flaws in this book for me, but it's hard to say much about them without spoiling the plot. The first is the relationship between the opponent mentioned in the cover blurb and the unusual behaviour of the storm (also mentioned in the cover blurb). The second is some technology important to the plot, that simply could not possibly work as described in a way that should have been obvious to an agency like NUMA. I'm not talking about the sort of implausibility that comes with the genre (the overall plot, and the actual "Trojan" stuff (though living near some of the relevent locations does rather point out the silliness of that) are fine in that context), but the device in question is up there with faster than light starships for physical reality, and no-one even comments on it.
Nick (10/18/04)

All I have to say is wow, ok thats not all, but this book was awesome but after a while why wouldn't it be its Cussler And I also reccomend the Seahunters
Pat Delaney (02/19/04)

Cussler is so clever, he gets us to believe the impossible. I always enjoy his different slants on history. Dirk Pitt is getting older but he sure hasn't slowed down. He now has 2 offspring to help out. So there are some surprises in this fast moving novel for us Cussler fans. This book is definitely a winner after Cusslers last few 'also rans'.

• Book Jacket: The Promise