Reader reviews and comments on A Walk In The Woods, plus links to write your own review.

A Walk In The Woods

There are currently 27 reader reviews for A Walk In The Woods

phil (08/29/02)

boring and long
jerry morgan (07/14/02)

great book,i felt that i was along on the trail. i told my wife about the book and stated that i would love to try parts of the trail, she brought me back to earth when she reminded me that i have severe heart trouble , diabetes and am too fat and out of shape.maybe i will do it anyway
Connie (03/27/02)

My book group is reading this book for a discussion next month. Do you have any ideas about discussion questions that you could share re A Walk in the Woods???Thank you! rchalstad@aol.com
Response from BookBrowse: Click here to visit http://www.bookbrowse.com/readersguides/index.cfm - here you'll find advice on writing your own reading guide questions.

Barb
Walk in the Woods was a perfect choice for our book club. Even though we are quite lazy non-hiking ladies, we all remarked that we actually laughed out loud while we were reading this book. Our club members also like to dress like book characters and serve refreshments based on the book, so it was fun to wear hiking boots and eat Snickers.

Kenny
This book has to be the worst book i have ever read. Funny NO there were about 2 funny parts in it the rest was boring. Don't read this if you have the choice. Thank you

Wilbur Rittenhouse
I had read the reviews, as well as the glowing blurbs on the back, so read the book with high expectations. The book was OK, but I was quite disappointed. I certainly did not find the "mix of Dave Barry and John Muir". Bryson does not begin to approach either. I did not find a middle-aged man who could not, would not, cook for himself entertaining. I am not sorry I read it, but I just do not see what everybody else is so excited about.

Pete Githens
This book was, to borrow a phrase from the author, "exceedingly funny". Every page, paragraph, and sentence was entertaining. Not only is it a humorous account of Bill's trek along the Appalachian Trail, but was also very informative about many facets affecting the trail including politics, history, and nature. Very well done, Mr. Bryson.

Latha Venkatraman
I have never enjoyed a book as much as these. The books were like holding a movie in front of you. I found myself laughing reading Neither Here Nor There even in my worst moods.

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove