Reader reviews and comments on Uniform Justice, plus links to write your own review.

Uniform Justice

Guido Brunetti Mystery Series

By Donna Leon

Uniform Justice

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Uniform Justice

BookBrowse (04/16/04)

This author is new to me. I just read about her in your latest newsletter & intend to try her series. I went on a search discover to the first book in the series and came across this website. It's not as personal as most authors' own websites, but it's better than nothing. http://www.groveatlantic.com/leon/author.htm

This website: http://www.phys.uni-paderborn.de/~stern/leon/ might help someone who wanted to start in the middle of the series.

Thanks for all you do!
Becky Wreyford

I received this message as an email from Becky but thinking it might be of interest to other visitors, am posting it here in the BookBrowse forums - Davina, BookBrowse.com
Bill Hobbs (04/04/04)

Donna Leon is simply among the best and her 13th Commissario Guido Brunetti novel is excellent. Her series is always set in Venice and this American-born expatriot seems to capture the essence of The Pearl of the Adriatic with her mesmerizing police procedural stories.

In "Doctored Evidence" we find Leon's team of police inspectors picking up on a case that had been "solved" while Brunetti was away on vacation. When he comes back, in reviewing the case, something doesn't seem right--and of course it isn't--and we go from there.

Once again, Leon takes a strong story and fills it in with modern Italian commentary and brilliantly created characters. Her novels are, indeed, moving experiences. The first in the series is "Death at La Fenice," although one doesn't have to read them in order. Whatever--Leon's a great read! "Doctored Evidence" simply fits into the "Great Leon" category.

• Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...
  • Book Jacket: Toms River
    Toms River
    by Dan Fagin
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction

In Toms River, investigative journalist Dan Fagin ...
  • Book Jacket: The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
    The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
    by Gabrielle Zevin
    I feel like Gabrielle Zevin wrote this wonderful book, about a lonely New England bookstore owner ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

P Your O C