Reader reviews and comments on The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

The Tale of Despereaux

Paperback: Apr 2006,

There are currently 83 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

unknown (09/19/11)

my review
This is a amazing adventure story that lures you in. It is one of the best books I've ever read actually , it is the best book I've ever read. This book is actually 4 books in one. The first story is about Desperaux tilling. The second book is about a rat named Chiaroscuro A.K.A Roscuro. The third book is about a slow-witted servant named Miggery Sow. The fourth and final book is about Roscuro and Desperaux finally getting out of the dungeon and when there in the castle they have no tails. I recomend to the ages 7-12 also, this is a winner of the 2005 Newberry award.
book fan (08/17/11)

despereaux
This book is incredibly good. I like the dark and scary language.
Lollipop (03/08/11)

great
I think this is a fantastic book. Filled with many details and adventure. It might be kind of hard to write a book report on it though. Anyways, I think the author did a great job :D
Me (01/25/11)

Some
For Harry Potter type of person it is not good. For biography type of person, it is great.
It is very good for some parts. But boring for some. If you are going to write a book report with this book, you will have to read long to write sentences.
cccc (01/23/11)

good
It was a wild and amazing ride !! :) You and your kids will adore it!!
Sarah (11/16/10)

Despereaux Delights
The tale of Desperaux is fantastical, and, read aloud, sounds like honey as Despereaux describes music. I recommend it for 3-6 graders because through that era, children are feeling that they need adventure.
Rob (11/16/10)

Desperific
This book is the best book I've ever read. Kate DiCamillo has just just hit the Jackpot. This book smells like honey. I recommend this book for kids and adults of all ages. Amazing!!!!
Book Star (09/23/10)

Tale Of Despereaux
This book was very well written. I love the story line and the plot. I especially like how all the characters effected one another. Overall I give this book two thumbs up! I absolutely loved it and recommend anyone who is a big reader to read this book.

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

Tomlinson Hill
by Chris Tomlinson

Published Jul. 2014

1.  150The City:
    Dean Koontz

I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking something up and finding something else ...

O O T F P, Into T F