Reader reviews and comments on Eragon, plus links to write your own review.

Eragon

Paperback: Apr 2005,

There are currently 296 reader reviews for Eragon

john (03/27/13)

amazing
This book is amazing. All who say otherwise are foolish.
me (09/07/12)

Eragon Review
This is my favorite book of all time but I still don't understand why you compare it TO FREAKING LOTR....... seriously Eragon is much better/
Waldow (02/14/12)

Amazing Book!!
This is such a great book! It's perfect for people who enjoy fantasy action books!!!!!
SkywardDreams (01/20/12)

Well Done
Mr. Christopher Paolini did extraordinary on his first book, I must say. A beautiful world inspired by one of the most revered classics...I won't say it's a copy, more a....reincarnation, one might say? of J. R. Tolkien's fantasy realm. The industrial cities of the humans, the underground kingdom of the dwarfs, the ethereal realms of the elves....It reminds me, yet one can't really peg Mr. Paolini as unoriginal.

The dwindling might of the dragons, the courage and idealism of young Eragon... I must say, very very nicely done. The way he portrayed magic, fighting skills, and intelligence of Eragon might have been cliche, but completely predictable. And the plot was well-woven together, as well...

Perhaps my favorite part is the writing style. Simple, yet elegant, with extravagant phrasing and 'bombastic' words. Easily understood with polite, almost medieval phrasing...Yes, I enjoyed it very much.

Points off for slight awkwardness and cliche, although it's to be expected from a novice writer. Perhaps the story moved along rather sluggishly, as well.

However, over all I say it is most definitely worth the read! A very good book.
Dudester (01/18/12)

Eragon is AWESOME!!!
A perfect book made by a perfect kid for the perfect person who wants it. Great job, Paolini!
MisaMisaEK (12/07/11)

rolls eyes at reviewer
So, A. Kordan calls Eragon a "Lousy novel" and continues to say "Anyone who enjoys this book has obviously not read any literature that has a point." How old would you be Jordan...? 12? Yeah, that seems to be good enough age, because then I would be able to forgive you for your redundancies. Compared to the other three, Eragon was the worst, but that's because it gets better and better. Authors come out with series because fans will read it and he will in turn make more money. It the way the world works, so coming up with a prediction as weak as that one, when in the 3rd book, the main characters vow to destroy the villain, shows your stupidity. As I recall, Paolini was 15 when he wrote it, and I'd like to see you have 3 best sellers. I can't stand people who show they're disdain for something they can't do. It's one thing if someone can't sing and you call them on it, but its a complete other thing when you insult that singer because of it. When you write a best selling novel about a boy and his dragon, and it does better than Paolini, then I'll consider what you wrote in a more positive light. Until then, go back to school and read other books.
jordan (11/15/11)

Lousy novel
Anyone who enjoys this book has obviously not read any literature that has a point. His copying is evident and his lack of creative ideas is appalling! Paolini should not have been allowed to publish the piece of junk. Paolini further showed his inexperience by not being able to figure out how many books were in the series. I have read the first three books and will probably read the fourth just to make sure that all of my predictions were correct.
imacavan (12/30/10)

An epic tale
This book is extremely good! One of the best parts was the ending battle between the Urgals and the Varden. Another great part was Eragon facing two guys named Ra'zac in a tomb or some cave. But confusing when Arya said that Eragon paid a terrible price when he has just a scratch on his back. Also why/ how did the shade know where the elf was in the beginning when he was looking for the egg? There was a horrer part where a whole town of people was killed and stacked on top of each other. But even that is a good part because everyone who reads it wants to figure out how it happened.

There are way more interesting parts in the book. One of them is that a were-cat is involved. Another was how Eragon can listen to other people/ animals/ etc. minds. Also a interesting part of the book is Eragon can do magic. There was a part where Eragon keeps dreaming about a elf that was tortured and in a cell. So he wanted to know where she or he is so he can free it. If you want to know more about Eragon then you have to read it!

• Book Jacket: Hyde
    by Carol Cassella

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

The silence between the notes is as important as the notes themselves.

P Your O C