Reader reviews and comments on Eragon, plus links to write your own review.

Inheritance, Book I

By Christopher Paolini

• Hardcover: Aug 2003,
    Paperback: Apr 2005,

There are currently 296 reader reviews for Eragon

Roisin Livingstone (11/10/06)

Eragon
i think that the book is brilliant. for someone as young as Chris he has an incredible knowledge of vocab. The book enwinds and drags you in i could not put it down.I would love to know who he based Eragon on he sounds brave and fabulous.just like the story.
Its a GOOD book (10/25/06)

Eragon & Eldest
These are the best books I have ever read and they are so addicting!!! This book has every emotion in one book!!! I don't really read a lot but this is by far the most amazing book I have ever read!!! I suggest you get the book and don't stop because of it describing the landscape for a few pages just get through it and then something amazing will happen!!!
Taylor Reish, 15 yrs (08/27/06)

My world! ;) This book kicks butt (that's good)
I've read book one Eragon and at first it's was so boring and slow so i put it down thinking it was a awefull book, but then one day about a month and a half later i got bored and i picked it back up. I got the the chapter when Saphira hatched from her egg and that's what hoked me. Then book was sad, funny, and exciting. by the end of this book i had a HUGE crush on Eragon.

Eldest i am still reading but im almost done with it. So far in this book i'm fallen more love with Eragon and seen how my friends say i'm so much like Arya the elf (see at the bottom)
and Saphira has growen so much in the book she does seem much older then Eragon.

THESE BOOK ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

The female character's in both books were awesome and as i read the more i loved about it. My one friend Jake h. was the one to get me hoked one it. Then I got my one friend courtney hoked one the books. When she finished the first book she said to me it was awesome and she even said i reminded her or the elf Arya. Chris PLEASE keep writing books about Eragon, Saphira, and Arya. These are amazing and if you're writing you brought them to life. MAKE a MOVIE on this.
Pam- age 24 (08/21/06)

Murtagh rules!
I'm 24, I read Eragon and Eldest, and Oh my God! these books are so addictive!... can't wait to read the 3rd one. I really loved the stength of the famale characters (Arya, Saphira, Nasuada) and fell in love with the male charecters at once! (specially with Murtagh) There were nights I didn't sleep, 'cause I couldn't stop reading... it's a great story.

I wanna watch the movie now! or at least the teaser-trailer. By the way loved Ed Speleers as Eragon, Jeremy Irons is going to be the best Brom and Garret Hedlund is such a babe.... my Murtagh, just as I've imagined he would be.
JT Wacker (08/11/06)

Eragon
All right first to all you name sayers and haters, yes the plot mimicks star wars but in how many fantasy books is a princess saved? all of them. And in almost every fantasy dosent the hero live with the lost of his family, Harry potter, Lost years of Merlin, Also ur vader character, icefag, would more or less be Morezon. Also this book uses several higher Vocabulary words. Develops own lang. and takes you on a mystical Adventure. Also all you name sayers might want to do some research on the names of LotR characters, Pipen the Short was a King of France, there is also a plethera of others titles whom have duplicate names. Read it you will like it.
Nimue (08/10/06)

What were they thinking?
Seriously, eragon is one of the most awful books I have ever read. the storyline is forced, the charac ters are bad, and it reeks of awfulness. There is nothing original in Eragon. OK, its good for a 15 year old. But when I read a book, I dont want to have to make allowances for a charcters age to review the book. On its own, Eragon is simply not good. It would never have been published if his parents actually bothered to read it. Plus, Eragon is such a Sue.
Me, Myself, and I (08/09/06)

Get a Brain
This book was great, im not even finished yet and its amazing. okay, sure, its like star wars and lotr, and trust me i love those books and movies. but this book is not a direct copy!!!

and this is not the first book to be similar to others. take the shakesperean classics. people produce books similar to older books, its just natural fact. nothing is completely original so just live with it.

this is a great book though, and it really gets you into the story, and i was jumping up and down when i found out they were making a movie. anybody who likes a book that takes you away to a different place full of magic and fantasy will like this book too.
Katherine (08/04/06)

OMG this ROCKS
Congrats to Paloni for a well-written book. I'll admit, the first couple chapters aren't to exciting, but its worth the wait!! ERAGON is a fantastic adventure, and i felt like i was the one upon Saphira's back. I felt a bond with Eragon and Saphira, and could hardly stand it when bad things happend. I felt like i was witnessing every event, (which would be great)!! I am now starting eldest, and i cant WAIT for the third book!! What a thrilling , and suspensful book. It truley kept me one the edge of my seat, wanting to read more! I cant wait for the movie!

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

Tomlinson Hill