Reader reviews and comments on Eragon, plus links to write your own review.

Eragon

Paperback: Apr 2005,

There are currently 296 reader reviews for Eragon

kamart98 (10/03/10)

eragon
I loved it more than Holes ( my fav book) which I have read 34 times!
vova621 (08/28/10)

Eragon is the bst book EVER!
Eragon is an exiting fantasy novel with lots of characters. I think it was great and now Ive read it 5 times!
mary (01/07/10)

good book
This is one of my favorite books! The characters are good, and the action non stop. I think Durza is an awesome character.
jonah Bowe (06/04/09)

Eragon is amazing!
Eragon is the first book in the inheritance series, it’s spectacular! If you’re looking for a good book look no further, Eragon starts fast and gets faster! It’s amazing you will be hooked by the first page! I guarantee.
This book is about a young farmer named Eragon, everything is normal when Eragon finds a dragon egg! And then the fun begins, I know that you will love this book. Eragon is the best fantasy book in the history of mankind!
   This book is a mix of FANTASY AND ADVENTURE! This book is my all-time favorite book, and if you don’t like then you must not like reading!
Mythical Dragons (01/24/09)

Eragon Review
I love this book! I read it last summer and fell in love with the characters, setting, and of course, the dragons. I recommend this book for 4th graders and up.
A Rely Bab Spelur (10/16/08)

A GREAT JOB
As some people have said, it goes along with the whole, humble farm boy one day, powerful knight/sorcerer/jedi the next, and yes, its based on the humans, elfs, dwarves, dragons, magic cliche.
BUT, it does it so well! In my opinion it is one of the best versions of it since Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
and to the best of my knowledge the mental link between dragons and riders is completely original, so are the concept of Eldunari, the dragons soul.
So anyone who calls the inheritance cycle completely unoriginal, you obviously haven't read the books.
[Editor's note: A mental link between dragons and riders is not a new concept. For example, Anne McCaffrey's Pern series].
Dragon Nighthowler. (04/04/08)

Eragon Brief Review.
It is amazing that such a young person has been able to publish. Then again, the way the main character is portrayed, in a cliche way, diminishes the interest, or the liking towards it. Eragon passes from a farm boy, to a highly skilled dragon rider, mage, swordmaster, knight, etc... in just a couple of months. It lacks realism, since it takes years of practice to become any of those things.

Also, the similarity with Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and the Wheel of Time, makes the novel much less interesting. Readers of the fantasy genre have seen those plots, and those perfect characters, so many times, that all I can say is the lack of originality in this book. Many of us are searching for something new, something that hasn't been seen before.

Then again, those are the first feeble steps of an infant writer. With perseveration, and maturity, the author might be able to give birth to some very good novels.
blinker (02/26/08)

goot
This book is a good read. It has lots of action, sadness and a tad of romance. I've enjoyed it all the ten times I've read it (no exaggeration).8,000 thumbs up,Paolini!

Mrs. Hemingway