Reader reviews and comments on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

By Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident  of the Dog in the Night-Time

• Hardcover: Jun 2003,
    Paperback: May 2004,

There are currently 45 reader reviews for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

jean (12/11/07)

lovely book
I think is book is more than just a book. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend to everyone. Once you read it you will never put it down, trust me.
Cj (11/12/07)

Curious incident of the dog in the night-time
My name is Cj and i am a freshman at South Meck HIgh School. Our literature circle group chose Mark Haddon's Curious Incident of the dog in the night time. In the beginning I saw blank faces on everyone in my group and they were asking our teacher questions about the text as well as the book's numerous fragment sentences! After a while we figured out the books reasoning for looking and sounding the way it did, we came to realize Christopher was autistic.
We finished the book last week and felt it was a good read and we took back our regret of picking it in the first place. We said we would recomend it to anyone who enjoys suspenseful, sad, but yet hilarious novels. If you like Sherlock Holmes, The Catcher in the rye, or Hound of the Baskervilles, then this is a book you could curl up on the couch with and read for ours to come. Today, I still see the book as one of those where you're not paying attention to what page number you are on because you become hooked quicker than you think!!!!
Nanny (08/25/07)

good read
I have a grandson who has just been diagnosed with Aspergers. This book has given me insight into understanding of how he looks and feels about the world. Also to understand the frustrations of his parents, in trying to cope with him. He is much loved, as Christopher is. This book has given me some ideas on how to communicate better with my grandson.
tina (06/02/07)

my review
I think the book is very funny, but also sad! It is a story for all ages! I liked it very much and I want to read it again!!! So everybody who loves murder mystery novels should read it soon. I wish you interesting hours with the book! Tina:-)
Olivia (01/06/07)

HELP PLEASE!!!
I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I have to to a book report and I choose this book. One of the questions is:

What is the theme of this story?
-Moral
-what the author wants to teach us
-What the author wants us to understand,appreciate,accept,feel,realize,experience.

Im having trouble putting it in exact words and i just wanted to get your opinions. If Anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated..

Email: lii_69@hotmail.com

p.s sorry for any spelling errors, my spelling isn't that great..

thanks
great book!! (09/05/06)

read it.....
This book explains what is actually going on in a person with autisms' head! More people should read this book so they won't judge people like that. I know because my brother has some sydrome like Christopher and he ACTUALLY THINKS THE SAME AS HIM AND IS BOTHERED BY SIMILAR THINGS IN THIS BOOK. THAT IS WHY MORE PEOPLE SHOULD READ IT because most people don't understand autism and other disabilities. I don't even understand it perfectly and I live with it!!!
hello!books (08/21/06)

mark haddon...the curious incident of the dog in the night-time
this book was, personally, the most boring book i have ever read. i dont think anyone cared about sherlock holmes and the hound of baskervilles....i thoguht the bok was very boring and, sadly, i was FORCED to read it becuase it was a school reading assignment....its garbage!
lil gal (10/20/05)

curious incident of the dog inj the night time
this book was really good....very catchy!!!! read it.......!!!!

The Search