Reader reviews and comments on Stupid White Men, plus links to write your own review.

Stupid White Men

...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!

By Michael Moore

Stupid White Men

• Hardcover: Feb 2002,
    Paperback: May 2004,

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Stupid White Men

the real Alex (05/18/04)

Michael Moore’s Stupid White Men is an absolutely amazing book! This book is a masterpiece; it is explosively funny and the subjects are extremely well researched, I think it is one of the best books of our time, it is defiantly one if my favourit books to date. Although the title suggests something about stupid white men (which probably refers to today’s politicians) it talks about many other subjects including: the election that resulted in Bush’s presidency, secrets (kind of) about modern politicians and many others which I will discuss. I think it a good title; very catchy, and he says a lot in just three words (modern politics are (mostly) ruled by somewhat old, thankfully not degrading, white men). Even here in Canada we have had only one woman prime minister and none of our prime ministers have ever been black. I recommend it to every one and anyone.
Suze (03/12/04)

Great book! Full of voice and humor. 1st amendment states right of free speech, so this book shows the practice of this amendment. I'm only 17 and not old enough to vote yet, but I'm learning about this in class. People should really think about how corrupted our country is getting.
Me (02/11/04)

funny stuff
Jeniffer (01/31/04)

quiero darles la opinion de este libro me parece buenissimo[
Linden (09/17/03)

A great read that categorically states in a humerous and light hearted manner the problems with this US administration. There are many sections of this book which are unbelieveable, such as the list of facts of things that Dubya has done during his reign of terror to date.
Atevs (08/29/03)

I agree with Mette who thinks that a person 'should be allowed to criticize their gouvernment'. Michael Moore as any person on this earth has a right to write and publish whatever he wants . This is what democracy is about.
The facts given in the book are sometimes not grounded with facts, right, but I think the main purpose of the book is rather create a general attitude to the country itself, then present all the info and info sourses. Well, if you start hating Americans after reading the book I can say that the goal of the book has been attained.
Personally, I disagree with some parts of the text especially where Michael exaggerates and overacts. Everybody withdraws as much sense from the book as he can or is able to.
Leo (08/08/03)

There should be more people who open the public's eyes. Unfortunately, most AMERICANS are satisfied with the lies fed by their stupid president and the media while they comfortable tuck themselves into bed every night.

Most of the critics of Moore fail to cite ONE point in rebuttal to his points. All the critics can say is "He is un-patriotic and criticizing." Why not try to answer some of his questions? Wouldn't that really put him on the spot?

Way to go Moore. You are a man with a conscience while most Americans are happy considering the 1.5 MILLION Iraqi civilian deaths as collateral damage.

Just remember, God is watching and what goes around, comes around.
Mette (08/07/03)

In a "socialist" country this book would have been welcome. Who says you can't be sarcastic about things? In my country, Norway, people even make fun of the royal family, we have no qualms about criticizing the prime minister and they are ridiculed if they make asses of themselves. That's just the way life is. Everybody should be allowed to criticize their gouvernment since they are elected on the behalf of the people. They should do what the people want, not vica versa. Yay for Moore who talks on behalf of those who don't have the opportunity! The world needs more books like this.

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

The City
by Dean Koontz

Published Jul. 2014

1.  33Tomlinson Hill:
    Chris Tomlinson

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.

O O T F P, Into T F