Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

By Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code

• Hardcover: Mar 2003,
    Paperback: Mar 2006,

There are currently 161 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

TealRibbon (01/15/05)

I generally do not like mysteries...but this book was almost impossible to put down. I now plan to read more of Mr. Brown's work. Excellent reading!
Michelle (01/12/05)

Why someone give a 1 to this book. It should be ten. It is just a fiction. This book is awesome. I have never read any book like this one before.
Tito Torres (01/06/05)

I haven't read several books, this being said the Da Vinici Code has been the best book I have read. I have never been a religious person and this book has put more questions in mind and I know see religion in general inacurate. I believe that non one religion is moraly corect becuase no matter there are always those who critizes oposing religions with out knowing their true meaning. I'm 17 years old and haven't found my purpose in ife yet but this book has awaken an interest in me that I didn't know of. The study of theology.
kendall (12/21/04)

The Da Vinci Code is without a doubt the best novel I have ever read. It is an easy read merely due to the fact that it is so incredibly intriguing. Dan Brown did a wonderful job of mixing facts and imagination to create this wonderful novel. Many who bash this book do so because they cannot understand it or are far too religious to sit back and understand that it is a piece of literature, a fictional piece of literature at that.
Grace (12/17/04)

I thought this book provided a simple path into some very interesting and complex concepts. i also thought it was an inspirational look at art and archtecture down the ages. I thought the plot waqs fast paced and clever. I personally enjoyed the fact that i could get some of the codes before the scholars... of course i am sure this was a devise by Dan Brown to boost the readers self esteem... buti enjoyed the feeling none the less. I refuse to believe that anyone expected certain out comes... Teabing being "the teacher"... Fache's phone conversation being genuine... the sympathy you felt for Aringrossa and Silas... all absolutely insightful twists of fate and utterly unpredictable in my oppinion! Over all the book made us question certain things about faith. I'm certainly not saying I adopt all the theories by any means but it certainy makes me question more what i already suspected.
drama_queen (12/11/04)

I loved this book! There are so many points in the book that make you think about what you tend to just believe. This is one of the books that I can recommened to anybody!!! Everybody should read it, if only to expand their horizon a little.
Bentley (12/04/04)

I read the book and was inspired to draw a line from Glastonbury to the Roslin chapel and beyond out of curiosity on a road atlas of Britain. Once the line was drawn I looked up all the placenames in the index that begin with Ross, Ros or Rose. I was surprised how many fell clustered around the line I drew.
The Ark of the Covenant was featured on this weeks Richard and Judy as being connected to a Templar Chapel near Southam in Warwickshire and the local news recently covered a coded Grail plaque at Shugborough Hall in Staffordshire. Worth doing a search on if you liked the book.
e w (12/02/04)

not many better books out there

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove