Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

By Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code

• Hardcover: Mar 2003,
    Paperback: Mar 2006,

There are currently 161 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

britney (12/10/05)

Just Neutral
DA VINCI CODE is one of the books i treasure most!!!why? not only because its intriguing,interesting and suspense it also gives us another view about the Bible.the only thing that i do not like the book is its ending,it is so predictable!! i also do not like the negative things they say about the Bible and the Christian community.reading the book doesn't mean that you doubt the Christian community it means that you are eager to know about the other things others look up to.to mr. brown, i would like to say that i like your book and please stop critisizing the Christian community!!!!!!!!!
Bernard (08/05/05)

Disappointing but exciting
This book doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting.
It is a very exciting book, with a cliffhanger ending to every chapter and very short chapters.
I felt It was poorly written and a duplicate of every other book Dan Brown's ever written. For the accuracy of this book, I think that it plays well to tell readers that most of the findings in the book are fact. I don't believe they are. Remember, they also told us that the Blair Witch Project was a documentary. It makes it easier for the reader to be involved in the story if they believe it to be somewhat true.

I would not recommend this book.
Allan (07/21/05)

Genius
I would just like to say that this book was awesome. All the details Mr. Brown has put in leaves me in amazement. I don't know why people critisize this book becuase it says all these things about the church etc. Whats wrong with that. This is a book non-fiction book not a information booklet.
arushi juneja (06/10/05)

dan brown at his best
after my read the only word that comes to my mind is....wow.
its uterly amazes me how an author can simultaneously give so much history without sacrifising on the pace factor....be it thrill,mystery,history,religion....it has all....i m a big fan of yours mr. brown...u have compelled me to choose your book for writing a review for my english honours exam
Paul Stevens (02/26/05)

A good read, but many of the assertions of FACT are suspect or previously disproved.
It draws quite heavily for these "facts" on 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' - a book published some years ago.
Without giving away too many details, the conclusion is that the Holy Grail is not a cup/chalice with
miraculous powers, but a closely guarded secret about a bloodline.
This assertion is challenged head on by The Ultimate Quest, published before The Da Vinci Code.
The book is much more than it at first seems. You can find details and review extracts at
www.rolandoliver.co.uk
Ivana (02/16/05)

I'm 15 years old and I found that Dan Brown manipulated the facts to present an excellent novel. Ingenious idea in using art forms many of us are familiar. All-in-all I have to say that your statement on Mary the "prosistute" has given me a different view point on the bible. Thank you and good luck with the movie, I will see it for sure!
Spoiler (01/31/05)

A movie with Tom Hanks about this book? Smart people will find a lot of incoherence, although I must say that Mr. Brown did a good research in order to write his fiction.
amortiser (01/30/05)

Charles,
You note the discrepency in the length of the driveway but you have failed to take note of the owner's problems with the French government and bureaucracy. Brown has amplified this in a spectacular way in that in this short time they have resumed half his land.

The Search