Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

By Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code

• Hardcover: Mar 2003,
    Paperback: Mar 2006,

There are currently 161 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

GNG (03/21/04)

I am surprised that so many like this book! The characters are not at all well portrayed (Langdon is some sort of Jack Ryan in a tweed jacket who spouts rough'n'ready platitudes: "I've seen plenty!" "You must be kidding!"). The story is creaking, and contrived. I don't find it a compulsive page turner at all -- I have only kept reading out of a sort of masochistic fascination. I guess it rates a "two" for that, though . . .. Inaccuracies abound, about law enforcement, what embassies can do for fugitive Harvard profs., apparently quite a bit of the conpiracy theory stuff is lifted from dubious web sites. If you want a "smart" mystery thriller, you can do WAY better, folks. I'd suggest starting with "Foucalt's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco.
Jason Fontaine (03/20/04)

I am only a few pages in to this book and it already seems to be a mind gripper! If the story doesn't get better, the first sequence is likely to keep you reading throughout. My thanks to Dan Brown for writing an excellent novel.
Ted R. (03/15/04)

Well, I suppose I have to give it a 2, because you do want to keep on reading, but what atrociously bad writing! Where was the editor? Someone in my family passed it along to me with a cryptic "Wonder what you'll think of this one?" Incredible number of factual errors, yet the dude can spin a yarn. Have to admit that. Of course, he lifted most of it straight out of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," but you guys probably know that.
Dick Wallace (03/12/04)

I am right in the middle of the book. I can't believe that I can't put it down.

It is one of the best books I have everread and can't wait to finish it.
Alain Luna (03/10/04)

This is one the best books that i have ever read and i recomend it to everyone. I is one of those books you can't put down

By the way im 14
E. Abcarius (03/09/04)

One of the best books I ever read! Very well written, I plan on returning to the Louvre for a double-take!
Mandy (03/05/04)

I loved this book! And I have good news for th others who loved it: it is being made into a movie. Details are few, but it is being directed by Ron Howard and it is rumored that Kate Beckinsale will be playing Sophia and Russell Crowe will be playing Robert Langdon.
ian (03/02/04)

A first rate thriller of a book, I couldn't put it down, I am now a fan of Dan Brown

The Search