Reader reviews and comments on Hoot, plus links to write your own review.

Hoot

• Hardcover: Sep 2002,
    Paperback: May 2004,

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Hoot

Sel (02/18/09)

HOOT is MUST READ!
I maybe quite old to read such book like these. I'm 17 and my fellow friends would rather read books that are , apparently chic-lits, suited for their tastes like Gossip Girl, The A-listers and such believing that they have graduated from adventure theme books. I on the other hand was a late bloomer, and would rather search for a Roald Dahl books and other Tom Sawyer-ish kind of plots. I found myself one day puzzling over the pile of books in our library wishing there were more Roald Dahl books to be read but I have finished them all. The blue paper back with a cute owl image had made me curious, at first I thought this was just another boring story but I was wrong. I never found any summary on the back of its pages so I tried to start reading the first pages of the book. I was astounded to find myself reading more of it, for it wasn't a normal thing for me to do. I was never fond of reading such thick book, but this, this miraculously wanted me to want more, crave for every pages until none was left. Hoot ended up with a very inspiring message of fighting what's right despite of hindrances. Hoot should be read by every young adults like me and encrypt the message in their minds. I believe that with this 292 pages, it can alter one's life and maybe even the world. Hoot is Magical indeed!
Student (10/20/08)

Amazing!
I thought Hoot was fantastic! The story line was perfect and it all went well together. I would recommend this book to everyone. I could connect with the characters and I enjoyed every moment of the book.
Eileen (05/26/08)

Wow
Hoot is my FAVORITE book along with Louis Sachar's Holes. It was funny and it had a very defined, good purpose that inspires kids to think beyond the book to real world issues. But most importantly, one of the characters, Mullet Fingers, was so interesting and realistic, he's pretty amazing. All the characters were great and the plot was fast and engaging. It's excellent. Definitely.
Laney (08/10/07)

Slow
This book was slow going for so many parts only a few times did I actually get real interested but over all I'm glad my teacher assigned this book.
taly (06/17/07)

Hoot
I loved the book. My favorite character is Beatrice because she was caring, loving,kind and very helpful. She was also very clever.
tabria (03/14/07)

what i like
The book Hoot was great. I really enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed reading it so much that I got my whole class to read it. It was amazing what things Mullet Fingers did to save those poor little owls. Like put alligators in the porta-potties, take the seat off of the back hoe,put snakes on the steps,and so much more. And when they finally stopped Chuck Muckle. It was so funny.
Andy (02/06/07)

hoot
its a great book some parts are cheesy but others are not.. I'm doing it for a project.Its a GOOD! book but the book can go on and on!
da bom (11/08/06)

hoot
Excellent! Superb! One of the best books I have ever read, although there were disgusting and cheesy parts. Truly a work of mind.

• Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove