Reader reviews and comments on Hoot, plus links to write your own review.

• Hardcover: Sep 2002,
    Paperback: May 2004,

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Hoot

reviewer (06/01/10)

best
Best book ever to read! Guys, read it. And if people that's say it's bad don't listen to them. Yeah I agree maybe there was a little violence in Hoot but still it's one of the best books I have ever read!
Student (05/24/10)

Cool
This book deserves it's NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER and even more. When I began reading this book I couldn't stop. So I would recommend it to everyone who likes and want to read books!
Han (05/09/10)

Hoot
Hoot shows the power and dedication of three friends and what one (or three) person can do for the world. A magnificent story of hope.
Jeanne Standefer (03/30/10)

Discouraged and angered...
I am extremely irritated that an elementary school would send home the novel Hoot for my 10 year old son to read considering the nasty language, the ultimately negative nature of the characters in this book, the reference to hurting others, and various other negative aspects that influence a 10 year old child. I cannot believe that while a school expects a child not to use profanity in school they would require my son to read and write a report on such trash as this. I intend to contact the school and will not allow my son to read any further. Perhaps some of you parents don't mind or care what your kids put into their minds but I do. I won't encourage my son to read this material and hope you all take a closer look at what these teachers are sending home for your kids to learn. Sick world we live in ... pay attention to what your kids are being required to induce into their minds.
This book doesn't earn a rating where I'm concern... with regard to kids. As an adult I see absolutely no purpose in the material this novel presents. As for me and my son... my child will take the bad grade for not accommodating the teacher's request and will take an "A" for bringing the content of this book to my attention - when your child approaches you with... "Mom I don't think that I'm suppose to read this book it has very bad words in it." It's time to rethink the school system and the idiots that are sending this home.
Annie (02/14/10)

Hoot
I think Hoot was awarded the Newbery Medal because it was a original story. I LOVED this book because it is an original book. Carl Hiaasen must have thought about this book for a long time, I could tell because it is such a good and well thought book. If I had to say something about this book it would mysterious, had action and was quirky.
Shyanne Hill (10/26/09)

Hoot
This book is very good! I could not stop reading it. I read this book only in 3 days! I love books by Carl Hiaasen! He is the best selling author to me and will always be!
Jessica (10/04/09)

Its really entertaining!
I think the book gets you to always read more. It has a good author and I thought that book was the best of the year! If you never read it, please do! It gets the reader wondering.
Klara (04/02/09)

How ┬┤bout Hoot
Hoot is an extraordinary well written book that shows when it comes to saving lives (even as small as owls) you need to risk everything to make a difference. This book involves humor, bullies, a pancake house and owls that are in danger. Are you ready to swoop in to a mind blowing, breath gasping, hilarious book? Well then HOW ┬┤BOUT HOOT

• Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove