Reader reviews and comments on Coraline, plus links to write your own review.

By Neil Gaiman

• Hardcover: Jul 2002,
    Paperback: Aug 2003,

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Coraline

sammy (02/05/13)

spooky
This is a really good book because it makes you fell spooky and mysterious. I recommend this book because Coraline is a brave little girl even without being with her parents. Thumps up if you give it a 5 3 :-p
Asha Ibrahim (04/24/12)

Speechless
...Wow that took my breath away. It's not good, it's not great, neither was it fantastic. You can't describe this book..
Julie Baker (02/26/12)

Coraline
I love this book because of how spooky and mysterious it makes you feel. You hold on to each word and read, while they came to life. Coraline is a brave girl who doesn't take no for and answer and she's also a great character. Total thumbs up!! :)
Micky (11/05/11)

Coraline: A Psychological Horror
I read this book when I was 11 and found it incredibly disturbing. I cried myself to sleep one night I was so frightened. At first the book seemed dull and lifeless. But something that was incorporated well throughout the entire book was the sense of unease incorporated in everything that was happening. Gaiman tells you right from the beginning that this is not going to be a pleasant book with Coraline being a brat and the parents being incredibly tuned out. When transported to the other world everything seems amazing. But Gaiman makes everything just a little off to make you wonder what is really going on. None of the book is a happy story so do NOT read this book if you are looking for a feel good novel. The part that disturbed me the most was the collapse of this other world. It always made me wonder and the lingering hand of the other mother is what scared me the most. It is almost a metaphor that everything you do sticks with you.
Milly Curd (02/11/11)

Fantastic
Coraline was a brilliant book. The genres in the book are Detective, mystery, horror, adventure,fantasy and much more. Coraline inspired me to think big like the characters in the story. Neil Gaiman is a fantastic writer which will be read for years to
come!!!
plz read this book...the buttons will haunt you and send shivers down your spine
Olivia D. (12/22/10)

awesome
I think that this book is actually really good and full of the best excitement. I thought this book was very addicting after reading it more then 5 times. I would recommend this book to anyone and I also say to read it in the dark because it makes the best of stories :)
lebron fan (11/30/10)

Coraline
Best movie I have ever watched and best book I ever read.
Gabe Hedges (11/15/10)

Excellent
This book is excellent. Creepy yet warm.

The Search