Reader reviews and comments on The Lovely Bones, plus links to write your own review.

The Lovely Bones

By Alice Sebold

The Lovely Bones

• Hardcover: Jun 2002,
    Paperback: Apr 2004,

There are currently 115 reader reviews for The Lovely Bones

monet (04/18/04)

It made me mad at my teacher for assigning us to read it
Crystal (04/15/04)

This book is an excellent book. From the beggining of it keeps you intrested and it makes you want to read it all in one day. You can't put the book down because it's so intresting.
Kendra (03/02/04)

I loved the book Lovely bones. I liked it so much I started to read the other book by Alice Sebold "Lucky." I think she is an excellent writer. The book is sad, interesting and very compelling. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and makes you just want to keep reading. Great book! Text
Bam Bam (01/05/04)

Hello this is Bam Bam im a female 14 years of age and i rate this book a 5 because it is a very exciting book. Its one of those books that you cant enjoy if your on a timed reading, Because once you start and pick up the book you dont want to put it down. When the father firsts figures or gets the feeling who killed his daughter, the way Alice Sebold explained it in details, literally gave me the chills. Lovely Bones is a Fantastic book. I finished it in 2 weeks.
No Angel (12/26/03)

This is a great book. Pulls at those heart strings. The end is a little too weird for comfort, though.
daBA (12/11/03)

this was just an incredible book....I completely loved it read it people just read it!
Jo (12/10/03)

Even though The Lovely Bones is about a year old, everywhere I go, people seem to be talking about this novel. When picking a novel for a research paper in my english class, The Lovely Bones seemed to be the perfect choice for me. The story brought me suspense, confusion, and into tears a number of times. What a great book!!! I would highly recommend this novel to anyone and everyone! My copy of the book has been lent out to family and friends more times than I can count! The novel is a great choice for anyone who wants to read in their spare time. It is a novel full of emotion and is sure to wrap you up in the book as the plot unfolds. I couldn't put it down!!!
Molly (12/01/03)

Lovely Bones was a huge inspiration to me! At first I was not sure about the book, but
as soon as I read the first sentence I was hooked. The book was full of love and hate, and
will always be stuck in my mind. Susie is a character that I will never FORGET!!!!!!!!!!

• Book Jacket: Take This Man
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

The Arsonist