Reader reviews and comments on Tuesdays With Morrie, plus links to write your own review.

Tuesdays With Morrie

Paperback: Oct 2002,

There are currently 143 reader reviews for Tuesdays With Morrie

Anne (02/16/07)

in school suspension..
i found this book under a desk, i was sitting in my school office serving a in school suspension for being late :) and i found this book under the desk i was in, i had nothing better to do, so i started to read it, by the end of the school day i had finished the book, and was glad i found it. this book had truly touched me, and i loved it.
Priya (01/10/07)

Versy Inspirational
I read this book for a class project worth 10 percent of my mark, I dread reading but this book took it all off because I enjoyed reading it. It has touched me and I always heard that books can really touch you but never felt it until now. I learned alongside Mitch all that Morrie had to teach. I hope to use this to make my life better and more satisfying. THANKS soo much
Doug (05/21/06)

Just, Wow.
I connot believe how much this touched me, and my family, reading this book. This book does relate to me much, and I recommend to all people wanting a good read, or just wanting to learn about life. Morrie sounded like a great guy, and Mitch put him to rest with this book like he should be. Big props to Mitch.
Jack mehoff (04/24/06)

Tuesdays with morrie
I enjoyed this book very much. I recently graduated high school and gave this book to one of my teachers as a gift. The book touched me in many ways. Throughout my high school years I had become close with this one certain teacher, she was my eleventh grade English teacher. She later became a friend who was always willing to give advice, and help me see the other side of situations. I related with Mitch in the closeness he felt to his "teacher". His teacher of academics, but most importantly life. The thing I took out of this book is that life is your teacher, and you are its pupil! I am glad the i had the opportunity to spend time with my fellow pupil in the classroom of life. She will always be apart of my memories, as Morrie will to Mitch.
Jack Mehoff (04/20/06)

Tuesdays with morrie
This book sucks it was horribly written it contains insightful information but the story was poorly In my opinon, this book is completely over rated. From what i heard about it i expected it to be a lot better.
Jacob Anderson C. Sanchez (03/10/06)

Critic
i enjoyed reading the book and it is very interesting! i recommend it to my classmates at Pampanga Agri. College Philippines.
English teacher (11/25/05)

Reminds me of
Mitch's experiences with Morrie remind me of RuthAnn Hogue's experiences with Walter Schifter, who also shared a series of visits when Walter was at death's door. There are numerous similarities: RuthAnn and Mitch were both 33-year-old journalists who had in some measure lost their way. Morrie and Walter were both terminally ill, yet remarkably able to inspire those around them who were living in much better circumstances. Morrie and Walter shared a similar cultural heritage by virture of their ancestors and both loved education -- whether formal or from the school of hard knocks of life. While Mitch and Morrie visited on Tuesdays over a longer period of time than RuthAnn and Walter visited, Walter and RuthAnn likely had as many -- or more -- visits in a relatively compact period. The experiences forever changed both Mitch and RuthAnn, who each went on to value their personal relationships and family lives more than they had previously. It's easy to see how the pressures of the competitive world of journalism can easily over shadow the simple things in life, which ultimately for Mitch and RuthAnn turned out to be their most treasured.

If you liked "Goodbye, Walter" (Mapletree Publishing) you will surely like Tuesdays with Morrie.
Morrie lee H. (01/28/05)

the book has taugh me many new ways of how to live my life like, Whats wrong with being # two.I cryed so hard I could of filled an ocean.

The Search