Reader reviews and comments on Tuesdays With Morrie, plus links to write your own review.

Tuesdays With Morrie

Paperback: Oct 2002,

There are currently 143 reader reviews for Tuesdays With Morrie

Ian (04/01/10)

Grand father
The book reminded me of my grandfather. I thought it was a good book.
rryan.dblackagency (07/14/09)

Love Mitch Albom
I just finished reading Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom for the third time, which was an inspirational book to say the least. It's about one of Mitch's former professors who is dying Morrie, who Mitch learns lessons from. Truly inspiring, and heart-warming. Just a heads up, Mitch Albom has another non-fiction book coming out, Have A Little Faith. I came across the youtube video on his official youtube website, in which he reads the first few pages of the book, and I can tell already this is going to be an amazing book as well. Check out if you get the chance and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did!

You just have to go to YouTube and type in "Mitch Albom Have a Little Faith", its only 5 minutes long and so worth it!
Soniaa (03/28/09)

Excellent!
Tuesdays with Morrie is one of the best books I have ever read!
This book teaches you all about life and how important it is to live it.
On a scale of 1-10, I rate this book a 100!
READ IT! :)
B (02/20/09)

Awesome
I absolutely love this book. It was my most favorite. It inspires everybody. It gives people words for life. I would recommend it to young adult or older. This book your gonna love it is a true story about Mitch. When I was reading it I was crying I felt so terrible for the man. This book is good. I have also read The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. I think he is a great author. I'm inspired by his books. It also changes people's attitudes towards life and people. It sure changed my attitude towards people. PLEASE READ IT IT'S A GOOD BOOK THAT YOU'LL LOVE FOREVER KEEP THIS BOOK IN YOUR HEART.
mr walter (02/13/09)

TWM
One of the best books, I have ever read.

Outstanding.
Johnn Bondson (09/08/08)

This book made me vomit
Tuesdays with Morrie was just another one of those "feel good" novels written to inspire. It did everything but inspire me. I didn't get anything out of this book at all. There was no basis for Morrie's little lesson... they were all mere opinion.

Anyways, poorly written book. Read if you want a laugh.
Z (06/24/08)

Overly Ambitious
Because of all the hype surrounding this book, I decided to give it a shot. I was disappointing.

The author attempts to cover a lot of ground in a very short book, rendering the messages ineffective. In less than 200 pages, Albom recounts Morrie's experiences and life lessons on love, marriage, faith, regret, and ambition. I personally view all of these issues to be very complex; I simply do not get much from a one-page discussion on the benefits and difficulties of marriage. To really offer anything worthwhile in any of these areas, I think that the author needs to explore them much further.

Moreover, I found the author's exploration of Morrie to be lacking. The adjectives used to describe the man were extremely broad: kind, wise. Such broad descriptions failed to show Morrie as a truly complex individual. I would have liked to see his character and mannerisms developed more.

I think that the book had a lot of potential. The lessons provided were worth relaying, and I believe that Morrie was a unique and intelligent individual. However, I don't think that enough credit was given to either of these aspects.
Michelle K (05/27/08)

A Touching Story
I thought that the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" was definitely one of the best books I have ever read. Mitch Albom, as a writer, would probably be one of my favorites. The best part would be his attitude when it comes to his style of writing, how he adds a gentle touch of humor to even the bleakest of situations, and how he can take a true story with as much meaning as this one and transform it into an absolutely beautiful work of literature that makes you never want to put the book down until you're done-- and then read it again.

To lay it out for everyone who hasn't already read it, "Tuesdays with Morrie" is all about Mitch Albom and his old college professor and the stories and discussions that they shared together. It's a true story. After he says he'd stay in touch with his college professor, years later he sees his old, crippled professor, Morrie Schwartz, on the television while he is dying of ALS.

So what does Mitch do? He travels to the opposite side of the country-- not just once, but every single Tuesday for months-- and spends one day of his week with his friend, Morrie. They discuss everything from Family, Love, Death, to the Meaning of Life until Morrie's very last days here on Earth.

The book tells of the many touching stories, how Mitch's wife goes to meet Morrie, how Morrie eventually dies and keeps his spirit up all the way until the end, and how he embraces death in such an open and unconditional way that not even Mitch can understand.

As you can see, "Tuesdays with Morrie" is an extremely touching story, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a good book, and a lifelong lesson. In fact, I already have.

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

The City