Reader reviews and comments on Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser

• Hardcover: May 2002,
    Paperback: Aug 2003,

There are currently 97 reader reviews for Loser

Jenna (10/30/05)

WOW!! A great Book~!!
(under 18)
The book was a very interesting book. At parts I think it could of been just a little better, but besides that the book was awesome! For instance the part when Zinkoff was actually in the race for field day he was just a pumping his arms away but was going nowhere!!! That was hilarious!
I think tha Donald Zinkoff is a great person!!! And I also think this was a GREAT book!!!!!!
J.P. (10/24/05)

Awsome Book!!
I'm almost 11 and I thoght that this book was great. It had all kinds of funny parts. I liked the part about where Hector was collecting his own earwax to make an earwax candle but he wouldn't take Zinkoff's earwax. Also, I think that that is how lots of other people treat others that way. That is mean but, lots of those kids are bullies. I think that it is sad but, you know thats how life is. Its Hard and Probably Always WILL BE!! I also read this book in class for our book club. We had to make a letter we had to respond in journals and also we had to make a project. This was an awsome book and I hope Jerry makes more of these funny types of books.

P.S. If you haven't reasd the book well START IT!! Its an AWSOME BOOK!! Take My Word!!
drea (08/10/05)

it was really good
i think this book is a very good book i think its really good because it shows that there r people out there who r bratz.
it deserves a 5.i thought it was gonna stink cause i had to read it for a report but i really liked it. the only thing it needed was a little bit better of a plot but thats pretty much it.
Tara & KD & Julia (05/04/05)

Sweet
This was the best book ive read in a long time i think who ever gave it a one is crazzzzzyyy ohh well its their opinion!! Have a good time reading a wonderful book!!!!:-)
matt (02/23/05)

Loser is a funny book with a wide variety of characters. I enjoyed this book when reading it for a school assignment I rated it a 4 out of 5 because it was funny and I couldn`t put it down butit was somewhat dissturbing because the main character Donald Zinkoff throws up alot but was still a very good book
Bruno (02/18/05)

I think this book was pretty good because it taught lessons and has a good style of writing. I like how he used a wide variety of characters from a born loser to a fast kid. Yet this book is not perfect like Jerry's Maniac Magee. The book didn't have as much literary devices but it did have a good conflict because Zinkoff turns out to be a loser in sports but a winner in heart.
Aixelsyd (01/10/05)

He thinks of himself as a loser, but he is not. He leads a simple life, laughs at the small things. People would say he marches to the tune of his own drum or the beat of hiw own drum or whatnot. David is an akward child, but sincere, and people don't ever take notice. He is always picked last in P.E. and in band he always seems to hit the wrong pitch at the right time. Everyone was once like him.
Nick (12/16/04)

I loved this book because i just do. And i read it in L.A.

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove