Read what people think about Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman, and write your own review.

By Becky Masterman

• Published in USA  Mar 2013,

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Rage Against the Dying

Lillian D. (Apache Junction, AZ) (04/05/13)

Rage Against The Dying
Brigid Quinn, a decommissioned FBI agent, was previously involved in the Route 66 serial killer case. She didn't get her man, but her man did capture and kill her protege, Special Agent, Jessica Robertson. So when it seems that he has reappeared after many years of inactivity, Brigid gets involved. Brigid is tough and disrespectful and very funny. She is also warm and caring. "Rage Against The Dying" is fast moving and totally engrossing. I will recommend this book to my mystery loving friends. I also hope for many more Brigid Quinn sequels.
Janine W. (Long Beach, NY) (01/30/13)

Solid Thriller
Retired FBI agent Brigid Quinn is trying to forget the past and live a quiet life with her new husband when a serial killer is caught and confesses to the murder of her protege. Trying to keep a secret that will destroy the life she has built, Brigid begins to investigate this supposed closed case.

The plot keeps the pages turning, although it does have some flaws. Brigid is an interesting protagonist, but some of her actions are hard to fathom. Overall a good solid thriller and I look forward to her next adventure.
Jim S. (Austin, TX) (01/29/13)

Rage Against Dying
Brigid Quinn, ex FBI agent, has married the "Perfessor" who is supposedly unaware of her history with hunting sexual predators. She was involved in a case in which a fellow female FBI agent was never found after being used for bait to catch a predator of young women. Though disappointed she has retired but always ponders this loss.
The book opens with Brigid being a target of a sexual predator of older women, of which Brigid is one being 59. Following this event Brigid is again involved in the hunt for for a new or possibly old foe which leads to working with old colleagues as well as new relationships.
I thought the characters were true to their roles. The plot was realistic and the outcomes exciting. I would recommend the book as one of the best books of this genre. It should do well in 2013.
Sue P. (Richardson, TX) (01/29/13)

Rage Against the Dying
This book got lost in the mail so it took a while to receive it, but oh, it was well worth the wait!
I have seldom seen such engaging writing from a debut author! Brigid, the 59-year old protagonist of the book is very well drawn - as are her other characters. This book is suspenseful, riveting in places, and has such an ORIGINAL voice. I do hope this turns into a series.
Chris H. (Wauwatosa, WI) (01/28/13)

Rage Against the Dying
I was looking forward to reading this book as it is not typically the type of book I read a lot. However, I do love a good thriller/murder mystery! Rage Against the Dying fell far below what I hoped for. I found it to be unmemorable. The characters were not ones that seemed to mesh with each other and that is part of what makes this genre exciting. I wanted a "can't put down" book and this fell short.
Maggie P. (University Place, WA) (01/21/13)

Rage Against Dying
This book was the kind where I kept getting my tea and throw so I could go on reading. Becky Masterman's does have a way with description I like in books. This is not a selection for young adults on down. This is a good thriller where the constants through the chapters keep you straight instead like some books, where if you put down the book your lost.
Good story. Have some tea & give it a read.
Judy K. (oshkosh, wisconsin) (01/19/13)

Yes the unsolved case of the triller
A Nancy Drew thriller is what I would call this book. I did enjoy the book but it was not a page turner as I was expecting based on the cover jacket.
It is about a strong women who can succeed in a male dominate job which she had. This strong women also tried a new life style which was confusing in the story. The story picked up towards the end of the book. In my opinion I am still trying to solve the case of the thriller in this book.
Carolyn F. (Hilton Head Island, SC) (01/17/13)

The Victim Turned Predator
You hold your breath as an older woman is thrown into the van, only to realize that she is not your average victim. and now you are off on the hunt for a serial killer, with a hunter who is past middle age, emotionally conflicted, but gutsy and determined. a great read, an admirable heroine!

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove