Beyond the BookA pictorial tour of Leonardo's Swans.
- According to Karen Essex, Isabelle d'Este is the the naked Venus in this painting by Mantegna.
- Ludovico Sforza.
- Sforza's 1st mistress, Cecilia Gallerani, in a painting by Leonardo da Vinci.
- A painting that some think is of Sforza's 2nd mistress, Lucrezia Crivelli.
- Recent conjecture suggests that Isabel of Aragon was the model for Leonardo's Mona Lisa. According to art historian Maike Vogt-Luerssen, Isabel "was close to Leonardo da Vinci, the painter at her court for 11 years, and remained a friend of his, and possibly more, for most of her life."
- Sforza's wife and Isabelle's sister: Beatrice d'Este ...