Beyond the BookFrom the book:
- 37% of American children and adolescents are carrying too much fat.
- 60% of all Americans are either overweight or obese.
- One in every three children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime. Diabetes will cut 17-27 years off your life.
- Each day, 1 in 4 Americans visits a fast food restaurant.
- In 1972, we spent 3 billion a year on fast food - today we spend more than 110 billion.
- You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fry and Big Mac.
- In the U.S., we eat more than 1,000,000 animals an hour.
- Left unabated, obesity will...