Beyond the BookAccording to TeenPregnancy.org...
- Teen pregnancy rates in the U.S. declined nearly one-third between 1991 and 2000.
- A congressional report estimates that, if the teen birth rate had not declined between 1991 and 2002, 460,000 additional children would be living in poverty and 1.2 million more children would have been born to teen mothers.
- However, 820,000 teen girls still get pregnant in the USA each year.
- 1 in 3 girls get pregnant at least once before the age of 20.
- Approximately 4% of 15-19 year olds have had a baby.
- 2 out of 3 teen mothers...