about the London Eye
The London Eye, the fantastic and graceful Millennium structure that dominates the skyline of 21st century London, is as much a character in the novel as Ted, his sister and the mystery.
- It took seven years and the skills of hundreds of people from five countries to make the London Eye a reality.
- Since opening in 2000, The London Eye has welcomed an average of 3.5 million passengers every year, making it the UK's most popular visitor attraction.
- The height of the London Eye is 135m/147 yards (equivalent to 64 red telephone boxes piled on top of each other) making it the fourth tallest structure in London.
- Instead of being suspended under gravity, the capsules turn within circular mounting rings fixed to the outside of the main rim, thereby allowing a spectacular 360 degree panorama at the top.
- Each of the 32 capsules weighs 10 tonnes*.
- On a clear day, from the top of the wheel, you can see 40km (25 ...