Did you know...
- Amazon's $34 billion annual revenues are larger than the GDPs of half the countries in the world.
- Amazon's web sales are five times the combined web sales of Walmart, Target and Buy.com.
- Amazon serves 137 million customers a week, 33% more than voted in the 2010 USA elections. That's 19.5 million customers daily - equal to the population of Beijing, or the number of Americans who live on less than $6000 a year.
- The average amount brought in by one of Amazon's unique users is $189. That's almost five times as valuable as Ebay's average ($39).
- Amazon owns 1/10th of North America's e-commerce pie.
- If Amazon's active users were a country, their population would be twice that of Canada.
- With 50,000 preorders, Kindle Fire is set to double the launch of the iPad.
- Amazon's current cloud platform could store 82 books for each person on the earth.
- Amazon's warehouse space has grown from a 400 square foot garage in 1995 to 25 million square feet - equivalent to more than 700 Madison Square Gardens.
Thanks to FrugalDad.com for these stats and the elegant infographic below that charts the rise, and rise, of Amazon...